Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2011, 12:14 AM   #1 
addie

Question about fungal medication

I have my betta in a 2 gallon aquarium, and I noticed his fins were kind of jagged, which is making me suspect fin rot. I just bought Jungle Lifeguard all in one treatment (slow release). However, the treatment is for 5 gallon tanks. How do I administer the medication without overmedicating him? I would think that cutting the tablets would cause the medication to dissipate at a quicker rate.
addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

Honestly , I wouldn't use those tabs. They didn't do a thing to help my fish, I think it made him worse.However, the way I used it for my 1 gallon QT was that I put the tab in 5 tbs. of warm water, let the tab dissolve, then it is 1tbs per gallon.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #3 
addie

Do you have a suggestion for a good medication for finrot? His case isn't anything too severe, but there are very small pieces of his tailfin starting to come off.
addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #4 
Littlebittyfish

I wish I could give better suggestions, my fish Cleo is currently battling finrot at the moment as well.I have tried bettafix and a few of those tabs so far, and it didn't seem to help at all. I have heard that finrot should heal itself with aquarium salt and clean water if it is a mild case, I have also heard that maracyn two works well also.
Bettatalk has a list of medications that can be used for finrot. I plan on checking out petco and see what they have tomorrow.
http://www.bettatalk.com/betta_diseases.htm
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote