Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #1 
1fish2fish

Fisheee pics part 1... teh babeeezz

I FINALLY have a second to post pictures. So prepare yourselves for a spam.

I only managed to get decent pics of the fry in my growout tank so I still have the 2 boys I jarred left to get and the adults.

I'm sad to say that Biggun (my MG male juvi) and my multi BF male juvie both died :'( It's been a couple weeks but I'm still heart broken when I look over and don't see them flaring at each other. They had such potential :( I also had to cull one of the female fry because she had a severe spinal deformity and was not growing no matter how much food I put in there. As for the younger spawn.... I made the heartbreaking decision to cull the entire spawn. It wasn't fair to the fry for them to have to survive with only weekly water changes and sparse feeding. It's sad but it was the right thing to do for both the fish and myself.

The other fry are doing...ok. They're still small because I haven't been feeding the way I should for growing fry. I've literally been putting in 18 hour days of work, school, and studying and I was only feeding the fish every other day or once a day. Basically.. not enough for growing babies. I'm finally getting back into the swing of things so hopefully they'll begin to fatten up.

Ok..so enough with the depressing fish talk... here's some pics.

ALL of these babies are for sale or adoption (based on whether I think they're "sale quality" or just adoption quality). If your interested in one or a bunch get in touch with me for prices and shipping and all that jazz. I'm shooting for getting rid of them starting in March/April.

I think this is a male.. but he doesn't flare hardly at all. I do see him chase other fry frequently. He has a bent spine it seems but other wise is ok. (Dramaqueen.. this is the guy I have in mind for you).

Then I have two gorgeous yellow/bf girlies. One is slightly bigger than the other.

This green/MG girl was my pick of the females. She's absolutely gorgeous IMO. One of the biggest in the spawn. I considered keeping her at one point but I think she has breeding potential.

I'm not sure what color this girl is...she's very timid and always has stripes. When she does color up she has sort of a purpley sheen to her. (DQ I think she might be another good candidate for you)

Here are just a few miscellaneous ones. Some of the fry are very hard to get pictures of. I have one that looks cambodian, one that looks like a grungy marble color (used to be lightbodied), a pastel or two, etc.

The two fry I didn't get pictures of are a light bodied (possibly marble) male and a turquoise marble butterfly male. I'll add pics of them later. Also look for the adults thread hopefully tonight but if not.. tuesday.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #2 
Bettaluver4evr

Man, I sure wish I could adopt one! I don't breed, my bettas are just for pets. They are very cute. :D
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #3 
HayrideHaunter

what ADORABLE fry!!! I LOVE the blue boy, and the one in the second to last pic in the foreground with the little iridescent edge around his/her fins...all of them are absolutely precious!!! i so wish I could take that boy, but I am a really broke college student, so Marbles is all I can afford right now >.<
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #4 
1fish2fish

Thanks for the complements. It was definitely a great spawn.

I'll be selling/adopting to all potential homes.. not just breeders :)

Everyone will have to fill out an adoption application (even if they're buying the fish). Since this is the last spawn I'll be doing for a while I want to make sure they only go to the best homes.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #5 
beat2020

They're so pretty!
I might buy some from you when they're ready. I already have a few I like.Please send me a PM or e-mail when you have prices etc etc. :)
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Awww, they're absolutely adorable! I love the two you picked out for me.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #7 
mand

Love the yellow girls.
mand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #8 
1fish2fish

Beat... Send me a list of the ones you like and I'll pull them and get more pics. I already kind of have an idea of what I'm gonna ask for each one.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #9 
Bettaluver4evr

I would love to save any adoptive little girl bettas. I don't know if I can though. I will let you know! I used to have a girl betta for ages, a cute little red one named Penny. She just got old, I think. Oh well.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Do you have any yellow females for adoption? Not that I don't like the one you picked out for me. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote