Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2011, 10:54 PM   #11 
LucyLoofa

He is gorgeous. :) I'm very glad he's found such a great home.
LucyLoofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:33 AM   #12 
Bettaluver4evr

Hehe, he better not go missing! Rats, I should have used a lame, awesome betta pun... he betta not go missing. Hehe. LOL. Well, he is doing well with his new heater and filter, which is good. And I am getting betta bulbs for my VT Dumbo, because he is in a 1.2 gallon vase. I kinda gave him to my mom, and she wants one of those plants, so hehe, I'm gonna get her some. I've spent alot of money on my bettas... my dad thinks it's stupid, he thinks fish are some of the most boring and stupid animals ever, especially as a pet... god made them for us to care for, so I try to do a good job. I don't think god likes seeing little bettas dying all over the world from cruelty. So mine are spoiled rotten.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #13 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Bettaluver4evr,

Butterfly is beautiful! You both got lucky when you found him. :)
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #14 
Bettaluver4evr

Hehe, thanks so much! I'm very lucky to have him. I was so worried no one was going to buy him when I went there, because he was lethargic and then freaking out, and there were a few dead bettas. I can't believe he went from that poor little guy in a cup to what he is now. He's a happy boy. All of my bettas are, I think. My happiest is my crowntail, though. He loooooves watching people, blowing bubbles at them, flaring at them, getting food from them. He's like a puppy dog who loves meeting new people. Hehe. He only stops swimming when he sleeps. He is sleeping on a leaf right now, I see his head poking out. I'm sure he says hello, but seeing as he is both asleep and a fish, it is hard to tell... :P
Old 01-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #15 
Bettaluver4evr

Here are pics of my other Petco bettas, Liberty my CT and Dumbo my VT. :D I don't know how or why I got as lucky as I did with these guys, but I'm so glad that I did! :D And sorry the crowntail looks kinda bad, I assure you he is very healthy, but his fins are just having problems lately. :/ It's getting better though, they are starting to grow back in...
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #16 
ChicagoPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuulieQ View Post
Really? O_o I've never had a problem with it. Conveniently, though, Petco sells sterilized plants in tubes - actually, they offer the two kinds I recommended to you. They're snail free and totally clean! No bleaching required! :> Java ferns are called tropica ferns on the package, though - oops. :I

It's really nice, they're low-light plants that don't require fertilizer, so they're quite easy.

SSSooo not true aboute being snail free!!!! I have one in my tank now From one of those tubes!
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #17 
Bettaluver4evr

Hehe, funny stuff. I didn't get live plants for everybody, just some betta bulbs for Dumbo's vase. My other 2 fishies got the spongebob ornaments. Hehe. I am like, totally obcessed with bettas, I think about them all of the time. Betta fever or something. :) Anyone else have this disease? I have it bad, I mean, I've rescued 3 bettas in the past 7 months! Would have gotten another one yesterday if my mom didn't stop me. :P EEK! Don't worry, I'm controlling it now. This is the only betta website I go to now, and I have plenty of supplies so I don't need to go to Petco for a while, so I'm not tempted. Plus all of my bettas are healthy and happy. :D
Old 01-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #18 
FuulieQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPete View Post
SSSooo not true aboute being snail free!!!! I have one in my tank now From one of those tubes!
Really? That's weird. It says snail-free on the package, and I've never gotten one... oh no, my snails most definitely came from somewhere else... >..>

Your snail must be a mutant that survived the chemical treatments or something. Super mutant snail. Good luck getting rid of that thing... XD;
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #19 
Bettaluver4evr

Hehe, lol! What exactly do snails do in an aquarium? I've always been curious. They aren't beautiful like the fish, so I am assuming it is benificial to the tank or something... like, does it eat the waste and help keep the tank cleaner? :D
Old 01-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #20 
ChicagoPete

Im keepin the little sto away if he doesnt become lunch by Herb or one of the shrimp first haha. They eat algae witch is starten to grow on stuff on my tank so he will deffonetly have plenty to eat! ^.^
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote