Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #1 
RCinAL

Identify this condition:

Sorry, I don't have a camera. It is just a small, light colored "patch" on the side of a female Betta I just bought. I didn't think much of it at first and thought she just had some funny coloring patterns, but upon closer inspection, it appears to be raised. Is this treatable? Will it go away with good water conditions and proper care? I know the water she arrived in was gross and she is now in a cycled, filtered tank with perfect water.
RCinAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

How is she acting and appetite? its hard to say what it could be without a pic...but if she is overall acting and eating like a normal Betta in a new setup-the improved conditions and care..... it may resolve on its own.....to be safe I would keep her housed by herself until you are able to rule out anything infectious.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #3 
RCinAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
How is she acting and appetite? its hard to say what it could be without a pic...but if she is overall acting and eating like a normal Betta in a new setup-the improved conditions and care..... it may resolve on its own.....to be safe I would keep her housed by herself until you are able to rule out anything infectious.....
Thanks, she acted fine, but I just got back from trading her in. I just bought her this AM and didn't want to take any chances. I say she had a fungus. She was one of the nicest I had seen and wanted to keep her, but decided against it.
RCinAL is offline   Reply With Quote