Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #1 
bearwithfish

remarkable to say the least

i can not believe that a lot of member who at one time or another made mistakes themselves are so quick to jump on a new member who is seeking help .. i was under the impression that this was the purpose of this forum... i am disappointed that a great number of people chose to make personal attacks on a new member instead of finding out if they know anything and seeing if they were in fact a troll.... BEFORE calling them one and with out reporting the situation....
i am stunned that this kind of things carries on after many attempts by myself to redirect the conversation back on point and then via PM get blatantly ignored...
honestly if it is a troll dont feed in and if your not sure either attempt to help or just stay out of it ... really the only things this does is make us look like a bunch of mean floks and kills the credibility of those members who are actually attempting to assist some one...

feel free to comment and no i will not continue to argue with you i just had to say my piece....
bearwithfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #2 
spangle

Hi
I think i know the post you are talking about, i agree with you on this one, at least give the person a chance first before everybody starts jumping on them and accusing them. I see you get a lot of junior memebers on this site and they may not be as knowledgeable as some of the older members so may make mistakes or not know quite what is right or wrong. I haven't been on this site long so am not experienced enough to recognise a troll, but at least give people a chance.
spangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #3 
bloo97

I agree. I just hope that this sort of thing stops.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #4 
AngelicScars

All I can say is, don't assume that everyone that joins the forum is in it for the help too. This is the most open and unprotected board I am a member of. I don't want to sound rude or cynical, but there are tons of people out there that are bored and love to leech and attack innocent kind-hearted people on forums like this.
It's best to be cautious when things look suspicious.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #5 
bearwithfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
All I can say is, don't assume that everyone that joins the forum is in it for the help too. This is the most open and unprotected board I am a member of. I don't want to sound rude or cynical, but there are tons of people out there that are bored and love to leech and attack innocent kind-hearted people on forums like this.
It's best to be cautious when things look suspicious.
cautious - yes
mean and attacking with out clear provocation - no i can not agree with that method..
Old 01-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #6 
AngelicScars

No, I agree, attacking is going a bit far.
Now, if the original poster (new member) is being rude, disrespectful, and out right name calling, then I can see why our current members would attack.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #7 
bearwithfish

in that case for sure i could justify in my mind the action and then send out a quiet PM and let it go this however was far from the case....
Old 01-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Just because someone has 2 male bettas living together does not mean that the person is a troll. It may be that someone, like a petstore worker, told them that it was ok.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #9 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Just because someone has 2 male bettas living together does not mean that the person is a troll. It may be that someone, like a petstore worker, told them that it was ok.
I know what post you're talking about :c I dont think that person was a troll, and that yes, many people are ignorant or get bad information from honestly stupid pet store employees.
Ive seen a lot of hostility latley from people, even in more mild cases, and think it needs to chill out a bit! >:/
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:11 AM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree. I have always taken pride in how friendly this forum is. I would hate for new people to come here for help , get verbally attacked and then think we're all a bunch of hateful jerks.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote