Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #11 
IrishRose2124

Thank you for all the links and suggestions!
IrishRose2124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #12 
IrishRose2124

Another question, are these heaters available at pet stores? I don't particularly want to order one offline
Old 01-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #13 
Sweeda88

I've never seen any small heaters at pet stores, except they do sell the Betta Therm at PetSmart.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #14 
JD3P

You should try ebay, even though you don't want to order online. I only suggest this bc u can get free shipping and a really good price. I won a 100w heater for $7 with free shipping, brand new, adjustable. Take a look.
JD3P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #15 
CjRager89

i have seen that little hydor heating pad at my both the petsmart, and the fish store near me
CjRager89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #16 
IrishRose2124

Alright thank you. I'll look in my local pet stores and see what I can find.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:13 AM   #17 
Goomba3

I use a Betta Therm in my 1 gallon. It slowly warmed the water so as not to shock Edwin, and it keeps it pretty warm at 75. I know the temperature should be a bit warmer, but he is very active and eating. I don't like that I can't adjust it, but for the cold months, it works great. Last time I went to the pet store, I could only afford one thermometer, so every couple of days I switch it between the tanks to keep an eye on the temperature.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #18 
danifacetastic

When I had my bettas in seperate 1 gallon tanks I had a 25W heater in each one and it did fine.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #19 
wallywestisthebest333

The new Marineland Stealth Visi-Therm models are short and stout as opposed to long and thin (like the Marineland Stealths of the past) so they fit nicely in smaller tanks.

The Hydor theo 25 watt is REALY compact so I'd say it would fit into whatever you have.

Then again the shape of your container (Bowl, Jar, Vase, long and short, narrow and tall, round like a bowl and short or tall) all come into play when choosing a heater.

I find 1 gallon jars and vases are more heater-friendly than bowls for the most part. =] Especially if you want a quality adjustable heater. =]

if you get a 25 watt adjustable heater you could continue to use it in a 5 gallon as well. =]

I highly recommend the Hydor Theo and the Marineland Stealth Visi-therm. =]

Also it's difficult to find nice heaters for nano tanks in stores. :[ I'd go with buying from Big Al's petstore online if you can! =] They're having a sale on the Hydor Theo and lemme tell you this sale is AMAZING! <3 It's nearly half price! Everywhere else you look online 25 watt heaters will be about $20.00!

Another great aspect to ordering online is that things tend to be cheaper (especially heaters) than they are in-stores.

Both of my Marineland Stealth heaters cost me about $35.00 in store. :[ I got mine from Petsmart too and that's typically cheaper than PetCo. :/

So your best bet is buying them online! =]

If you're younger then I'd show your parent/guardian all of the different store prices like Petsmart and Petco VS Dr. Fosters and Smith Aquatics and Big Al's and once they see Big Al's sale they'll most likely order it for you.

If you're of age and have the cash to order it yourself or have a friend with a credit card or paypal that'll do it for you then I say go for it! =]

Last edited by wallywestisthebest333; 01-25-2011 at 11:14 AM.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #20 
LucyLoofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
The new Marineland Stealth Visi-Therm models are short and stout as opposed to long and thin (like the Marineland Stealths of the past) so they fit nicely in smaller tanks.

The Hydor theo 25 watt is REALY compact so I'd say it would fit into whatever you have.

Then again the shape of your container (Bowl, Jar, Vase, long and short, narrow and tall, round like a bowl and short or tall) all come into play when choosing a heater.

I find 1 gallon jars and vases are more heater-friendly than bowls for the most part. =] Especially if you want a quality adjustable heater. =]

if you get a 25 watt adjustable heater you could continue to use it in a 5 gallon as well. =]

I highly recommend the Hydor Theo and the Marineland Stealth Visi-therm. =]

Also it's difficult to find nice heaters for nano tanks in stores. :[ I'd go with buying from Big Al's petstore online if you can! =] They're having a sale on the Hydor Theo and lemme tell you this sale is AMAZING! <3 It's nearly half price! Everywhere else you look online 25 watt heaters will be about $20.00!

Another great aspect to ordering online is that things tend to be cheaper (especially heaters) than they are in-stores.

Both of my Marineland Stealth heaters cost me about $35.00 in store. :[ I got mine from Petsmart too and that's typically cheaper than PetCo. :/

So your best bet is buying them online! =]

If you're younger then I'd show your parent/guardian all of the different store prices like Petsmart and Petco VS Dr. Fosters and Smith Aquatics and Big Al's and once they see Big Al's sale they'll most likely order it for you.

If you're of age and have the cash to order it yourself or have a friend with a credit card or paypal that'll do it for you then I say go for it! =]
Do it!
This is exactly what I did. the heaters are in optimum shape, easy to read and adjust, and they were the cheapest aquarium accessory I've ever bought!
This is an amazing price! Believe me!
LucyLoofa is offline   Reply With Quote