Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #1 
Cassandra90

Unhappy Working witha fire racing behind me....:(

Well my plans have been put on an hault. Not all but alot are on the back burner at the moment. I work at a marina in the office which there is only me and Karen (office manager) that works. Well Karen broke her pelvis a while back and she just got worse. She is in the hospital with a blood infections, black mass behind her liver, lost alot of weight, and spots on her throat. She was never a healthy person. She was maybe 120lbs, 5'8'', never really ate, and smoked alot. So she has been in the hospital, going on 3 weeks now. No one is to sure when she will be released and the doctors said she is going to have to go through intense physical therapy once she is released.

So this is where I come into the picture. I have to cover for the work in the office except Monday and Wednesday since I have my college courses that day. I have work 9am to 5pm Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Then 10am to 4pm on Saturday, and work the occasional Sunday when needed. I am struggling at work since I only know about 40% of the stuff Karen does. I am pretty much a chicken without it's head. Then to add to it the office is being remodeled so it is a mess and I get the vibe from it that I am completely lost. I have had one major crash course at work. I learned how to do the banking in one day, and so much more. Between juggling work at the office and school work I have not had much time to do my goal to lose weight. Everynight I am working on some sort of homework for my classes or studying. I figured out last night that I am putting in 60+ hours a week between everything. Last semester in school I recieved a 4.o gpa, well I would like to do that again this semester but so far how it is going I really don't think it is going to happen. Also, I still have to find time to visit Tom (boyfriend) which I usually only seen once a week and now it is almost 3 weeks since I have seen him. I am still eating healthy, just not working out. But I am still taking the stairs and parking farther from my classes. I figured I will try to do what I can to help lose some weight.

This past weekend was the first weekend I got to go out and do somthing. Saturday night I actually went out bowling. It was a relief to get some fun time in for myself. Then the weekend after my birthday a few friends and I will be planning on going out for dinner and a few drinks (finally going to be 21 on Feb. 1st).

Only if I was still 13 years old it would so much more simple.
Cassandra90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad you finally got some time out of your busy life to do something fun. It sounds like you're doing the best you can. Make sure you take care of yourself and don't get run down and make yourself sick.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #3 
Abby

take a half hr a day to relax and just breathe or sit infront of ur tank and admire it lol
PS Ur cat looks like my cat haha
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #4 
SaylorKennedy

I agree with DQ. You're doing the best you can and that's all you can do. Eating healthy is half the battle, so you should be proud of yourself for everything that you're sticking to! Focus on what you can do now and maybe when things slow down, you can take that extra time to expand on your goal!

:)

Hope things start working out better for you!
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #5 
ChicagoPete

I can only imagine you saying all of that in one breath. :P But I doo hope you get some time to yourself soon. ;)
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #6 
Cassandra90

Well I finally got some time today. After school I went to the DMV to renew my license sine I'll be 21. I went shopping, got a 10 gallon tank. Got to set up with no problems except blowing a circut. But it was nice to do something for myself. Thank you all!
Cassandra90 is offline   Reply With Quote