Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #1 
Bettaluver4evr

What do you think of these tanks?

I finally got my tanks to look the way I want them to! I went into Petco yesterday and got all of my bettas presents. My crowntail and my HM both got spongebob house caves, hehe. My VT got betta bulbs. Do you think these tanks are good betta homes? They finally look good to me. I'm always getting different gravel, plants, etc. I think my HM tank is best, it's 1.5 gallons with a heater, filter, house, gravel and plant. My CT tank is 1 gallon with gravel, house, filter and light which doubles as a mini heater. :) I don't have any pics of my VT's vase, but it is 1.2 gallons with a silk plant, gravel and soon betta bulbs. I think they look cute, what do you think?
Attached Images

Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #2 
Sweeda88

Nice, but I think you should get a plant for your CT. =)
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #3 
Bettaluver4evr

Thanks! Hehe, I have a spare silk red plant, but when I had both the plant and home in there it just looked kinda cramped. Thanks! LOL. I love my bettas. How ironic is it to have a Spongebob house in a betta tank? Hehe, I just loved how many windows were in it, and the big door. Now my bettas can sleep in it... if they ever figure out that they can go inside of it! Hehe. Do you think they will eventually? :P
Old 01-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #4 
Sweeda88

Probably. Also, they have shorter Betta plants at Petco that are really nice. It wouldn't take up that much space, and he'd have a place to rest and hide. Plants are essential for Betta tanks. They love them, and it mimics their natural environment.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #5 
Bettaluver4evr

Ya know what? I have a tiny little spare one, I'll put that in tomorrow. It's plastic, but it isn't sharp. And I sure hope they figure out the fact that the houses are caves! I got the cave for my HM so he can rest out of the filters current. And my lil Liberty was always sleeping on the gravel right in the filters current too, so I wanted him to have a covered area... oh well! Hehe. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #6 
Sweeda88

You're welcome. I'm sure they'll figure it out soon!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #7 
Bettaluver4evr

I hope so! I'm like, stalking the tank, waiting for him to check it out so I can snag an adorable pic of him poking his head out! LOL. I have some wierd, sweet bettas. :P My Hm is flaring at nothing, my CT is ignoring his new home, and my VT is extremely hyper and spunky today. Hehe, whoever thinks bettas don't have personalities is nuts!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #8 
BettasForever

I love the spongebob house! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Butterfly does! Lol! My betta is loving his! I've caught him resting in the tall plant 4 times today!! Other times he's just nappin', lol!
BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #9 
Bettaluver4evr

Hahaha! Oh my goodness, my mom and I both started singing and humming the Spongebob theme song in the store, and there was a representative behind us, oops, it was hysterical! Hehe. I looooove the spongebob house, I hope my fish figure out the fact that they can go inside of it! Hehe.