Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #11 
cjayBetta

Hmm.... I have never had a problem with my net.. I put him in and let him swim into it and then I quicking bring it over to the container with old water and let him swim out... hes never cut a fin on it. Its a really soft one.. So Im not sure even how he could rip a fin on it.
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #12 
Fawnleaf

Yeah, i never had an issue with my net either. The way I do it is that, (as quickly as I can) scoop up my fish and place them in a small container. I don't quite understand how that could rip fins.
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #13 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmh5558 View Post
I'm new to this, too. I also don't have a lot of money; that's why I chose a betta.

All I have for my betta, Grover (yes, Grover ) is a half-gallon glass bowl, small gravel, a few decorative stones, a silk tree, betta food and a good de-clorinator (however you spell it).

I don't use a net. I just gently coax him out of his bowl into a smaller bowl with some of the old water while I clean it out. He's usually moody for a day or two after I do this, but then he brilliant. I've moved him into a quiet corner from the other, more busy, location I had him. I believed it caused him a lot of stress. I thought he was ill and that I would lose him. Nope, he's just the quiet type.

Don't worry about all the steps mentioned. Set up a plan of action and take it one day (or $) at a time. Make the best use of your funds.

Bruce Li is very fortunate that you picked him out for "adoption".
If you have a half gallon bowl then you need to be doing daily water changes at least or the ammonia will build up too fast.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote