Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-25-2011, 11:25 PM   #1 
peachesxo

This can't be natural, wth.. ?

This has nothing to do directly with betta but it's still pretty messed up.

Quote:
"As for tank maintenance, the water only needs to be changed once every five or six months. Phew!"
http://www.rolostore.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=1492

AAAHHH!!!
Those better not be the beginning of betta kits in 2015 or something.
Poor froggies :(
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #2 
Luimeril

UGH! those horrid things are sold at the pet store i go to. next time i'm there, i'm planning on asking about them, then telling them how horrid they are. they usually listen to suggestions, and i'm a regular customer, so i'm sure they'll miss my massive intake of fish supplies all the time. :/
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #3 
DormDrax

... feed them only a few times a week?
Maybe frogs are different than Betta's but missing one feeding with Drax would mean I'd loose a finger when doing some light tank maintenance!

This looks just like a rip off of the Aqua-Block!
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:37 AM   #4 
tsoto80

did you catch the last paragraph?

"EcoAquariums are proud winners of the "Top 5 Toy of the Year" at the 2010 New York Toy Fair, named one of the "12 Toys of Christmas" and "Most Innovative Toy" by Learning Express in the U.S., named one of Dr. Toy's "Top Green Toys", Creative Child Magazine's 2009 "Product of the Year", and the list goes on."

now thats scary
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #5 
animalgirl18

hahaaaa you don't need to change the water because the "living gravel" cleans the tank. that's ridiculous!
animalgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #6 
ChicagoPete

LOL srry to change subject but in one of the sides of the sight there was this colomn of things other people baught and there was this head massager thing that looked like a yard rake lol.
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #7 
Emmalea

That makes me so angry, it's just total disregard for the fact that they are living animals not objects.
Then again I have hated Wild Creations for some time now, as someone who supports Peta (Not the crazies though..) I get emails about it and it just makes me sick, I'm not going to post any links but if anyone wants to learn more it comes up on google.
I would strongly encourage everyone to not only stop shopping at stores that sell these, but also let the managers/store owners about your concerns. The best way to put an end to this is to speak up!
Emmalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #8 
ChicagoPete

I would strongly encourage everyone to not only stop shopping at stores that sell these, but also let the managers/store owners about your concerns. The best way to put an end to this is to speak up!

Erm If I did that I whouldn't be able to go to eny petstore because they all have some form of tank like this forsale????
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #9 
Luimeril

i'm not gonna stop shopping at my lps. i'll just tell the manager how horrid those things are. :/ they're pretty knowledgeable people there, i'm sure they'll understand.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #10 
Emmalea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPete View Post

Erm If I did that I whouldn't be able to go to eny petstore because they all have some form of tank like this forsale????
Maybe it's because I'm from a super small town but most of the pet stores near my house don't sell these, even the petsmart in the town over from mine doesn't sell them, I'm not sure about all petsmarts though...
Emmalea is offline   Reply With Quote