Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #1 
undercutter

does this betta look bloated to you?

this is a crown tale betta that I just got recently, he is a baby just over an inch long

when I feed him his stomach kind of rounds up and bulges out where you can visibly tell a difference, is it normal or does it mean I am feeding him too much?

otherwise he looks healthy and very active

his stomach visibly expands just after 2 omega one betta buffet micro pellets, lately I've been giving him just one pellet a day but I also have a school of cories so he steals some food from them as well

Last edited by undercutter; 08-01-2011 at 06:59 PM.
undercutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #2 
nel3

he should be fine once he expels the waste. mine does that every 2 days then he gets rid of it and is normal again. i feen mine 2 pellets and a flake a day with brine shrimp every 2 days.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #3 
SmokeNLark

He looks a bit bloated, not too bad. Try feeding your corys at night after your betta is asleep. Keep using 1 pellet though. He's small. Or separate your betta when your corys are eating.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #4 
undercutter

his stomach actually flattens out and goes to back to looking normal just couple of hours after a meal

I read similar advice about feeding cories at night, seems like like betta finds food mostly by sight from what I've observed, it often mistakes tiny plant residue for a pellet and spits it out, and it can pass right above a cory sinking pellet while looking for food

I guess the thing is he is so little right now even very little amount of food fills him up
Old 08-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #5 
1fish2fish

He's just fine. A normal betta SHOULD look slightly bloated just after feeding, they should have nice round tummies. As long as he thins back out a few hours after feeding you're fine.

He's a cutey BTW
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #6 
undercutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
He's just fine. A normal betta SHOULD look slightly bloated just after feeding, they should have nice round tummies. As long as he thins back out a few hours after feeding you're fine.

He's a cutey BTW
thanx he should be a great looking specimen once he grows up

I guess I've just been worrying too much

feeding time is the best, everybody goes crazy, the betta follows cories for hours after all the food is gone trying to figure out what they are digging in the ground for, I'm planning to add a shrimp colony as well to the tank so that they can have a 3 way tussle every time a sinking pellet is dropped