Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2011, 08:03 AM   #1 
Nanglebadger

Greetings all!

Just want to say hello to everyone on BettaFish.com as I have just registered. I'm Phil from Northern Ireland. I've joined the forum as I currently have two Bettas at home who are currently awaiting the arrival of their new tank.

My brother works for Exotic Aquatics here in NI and is building me a custom tank to house 6 Bettas, each in their own division within the tank. I've been lookin after his purple crown tail for about a year now as he was eating my brother's shrimp, and I asked him why there were no big tanks readily available to keep multiple male fighters - the outcome of which is that he has built me one specifically for this purpose. I currently also have a red long fin, and a red and white long fin reserved in my brother's work. I'm expecting the tank to be brought home this week as the dividers were inserted today, so once it's home i'll be off to hunt the local shops for 3 more bettas to join the tank - i'm aiming for 3 long fins and 3 crown tails of as varied colours as are available here in NI.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself to the site and detail my interest in bettas. I hope to get to chat to u all on the forum and once the tank is up and running and populated i'll get some pictures up.

Phil.
Nanglebadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Hello and welcome to the forum Phil...and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....its an awesome hobby.....

Your custom tank sound pretty neat...look forward to seeing pic once you get it and seeing pic and hearing more about all your wet-pets too....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #3 
Nanglebadger

Thanks oldfishlady! I've been reading parts of the forum over the last few weeks trying to gain more of an understanding of betta specific requirements. My brother is the brains behind the operation and the tank design and set-up. Once its all plumbed in i'll definately get some pics and details up!

the part im lookin forward to is going out hunting for 3 more gents to populate the tank! we've got the lighting already mounted on the shelf above where the tank will sit, and we have all the necessary ancillaries sitting waiting (pump/filter, heater etc). Now its just a case of additional brackets for the shelf and drilling some holes to allow for the necessary pipework to run nice and neat.

there's also going to be a single large shrimp in each compartment to keep the gravel clean, and one compartment will also house an aquatic frog as he too seems to be eating all my brother's smaller shrimp!

iv been browsing the pictures threads, there are some beautiful fish and set-ups belonging to the members here! very inspirational!

Phil.
Nanglebadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

Fish hunting....oh so fun...and so many to pick from now days.....so many beauties to pick from colors to tail types.....lol.....it can be hard to pick...good thing you can get at least 3....but it won't stop there....Betta keeping can be so addictive......lol....at least you sound like you have the perfect system to keep multi males.....can't wait for pics and more detail......

Do you plan on breeding/spawning any of the Bettas or just a collector of beautiful Bettas...both are equally fun and enjoyable....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #5 
tsoto80

Hello Phil wecome to the site. Cant wait to see pictures of your lil men in their new home! We all love pictures around here lol
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:23 PM   #6 
Jupiter

Welcome to the forum! I just love home made tanks, since you make them however you want. Can't wait to see the result!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #7 
lilchiwolf

Welcome welcome! You will like it here, so many nice people! Can't wait to see some pictures!
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #8 
FuulieQ

Wow, that sounds awesome!! You've GOT to post pictures!! Welcome to the forum! And yeah, some of the members here have got GORGEOUS fish, and there's more inspiration than you can shake a fin at!!
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello, Phil and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #10 
wolfdreamer

welcome to the forum Phil and can't wait to see pic of your bettas and the tank.
wolfdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote