Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #1 
Jupiter

New "sorta" rescue.

Went to the mall yesterday with my aunt, stopped at the petstore to look.

Their crown tails were very tiny. And quite thin imo. There was a very cute one with a turquiose body which looked like he could be a multi-colour when he brightens up. I really did like him, since he was so tiny and cute! But I was fighting very hard not to buy him.

But then a couple came that I can only describe as...um...white trash like. They decided right on the spot that they should get a betta, so they went and got a gallon kit and some gravel (eh, could have been much worse), and looked for a betta. Still, it was quite obvious that they didn't know anything.

They were checking out the boy that I was looking at, and they guyseemed really interested in him. So I scooped him up when they were looking somewhere else and bought him. I just couldn't hand him over to them. They picked out an active red VT instead.

I do feel pretty guilty, though. They still ended up getting a betta. I wish I could have said something, but they were so intimidating.

But at least the one that I bought will be happy. He's such a tiny guy!

I'm setting up a one gallon drum-type thing that used to hold lollipops I bought from Costco. I'll be splitting my ten gallon 3 ways next week so he has more room. Pics to come soon, I hope. I can't wait to see him colour up!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #2 
Bettaluver4evr

Don't feel bad! As long as somebody eventually pointed out the proper supplies to those people, that lil red guy will be fine. And this lil guy called out to you and was special, so don't feel too bad. I was in a knot in petco because they had 2 delta tails that I loved on the spot, and I could only get 1. The one I left behind was an irredescent light blue and white, but he had some tail biting so I brought home the betta in my avatar instead. Just hope that the couple is taking care of him. And it's good that he is small, because it probably means he is young, so he will live longer with you. :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #3 
Sweeda88

Don't feel guilty, I would have done the same thing! lol I'm glad he will have a nice, happy, warm home with your. I just split MY 10 gallon 3 ways yesterday (it was in 2 before) because I want to get another little guy. I can't wait!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #4 
Luimeril

at least they got a gallon kit, and not a teeny bowl, right? i can't wait for pictures of your new boy. i adore the tiny bettas. they're just so little and cute! <3 my new girl is so much smaller than any of my other bettas, it's adorable to see her make my biggest, my PK girl Lulu, back down in a staring match!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #5 
Jayy

Hay, they did get atleast a gallon and not one of those horriable bettakits. When things like this happen I hope for the best. As much as I want to speakup at times my shyness gets me.

Last edited by Jayy; 01-23-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:39 PM   #6 
Jupiter

Thanks guys. He's pretty shy right now, but he seemed pretty interested in his home. He ate two pellets too, so that's good.

Here's a size comparison! My new guy compared to my biggest boy Albatross.

Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:49 AM   #7 
Duncan13

He's soo small :D.

OMG Albatross looks so much like the guy in my profile pic! He's dead now but the similarity scares me!!!!!!!
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:06 AM   #8 
BettasForever

Aww! He's so teeny :D I had a topfin betta bowl kit when I was little and it came with a bunch of cute stuff but he ended up not living too long. My new betta lives in an awesome 2 gallon tank, he really likes to eat the bubbles from the airstone :D
BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:07 AM   #9 
Bettaluver4evr

Hehe, awwww! You got a wittle baby boy! Hehe, he's very pretty. :D
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #10 
Sweeda88

He's SOOOO cute! Awww!!!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote