Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #1 
Jupiter

Exclamation Heads up!

Just thought I should warn you guys:

If any of you have this plant from Big Al's, look it over!

I just took mine out for cleaning, and it's starting to rust!

You'd hope that a product that's being targetted for fish would be safe to put in the water...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #2 
ChicagoPete

Eek guess it takes the littlest peace of exposed wire to start rusting in water >.>
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #3 
lilchiwolf

one of my clips that hold my dividers started doing that! Its not the same brand I usally buy too, and it was from petsmart. Its was this brand: http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CDoQ8gIwAg#

I am for now on sticking with this brand: http://www.google.com/products/catal...IYBEPICMAk4FA#

The holes are a lot bigger for water flow and the plastic is thick and super clear so the bettas can see each other.
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #4 
monroe0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchiwolf View Post
one of my clips that hold my dividers started doing that! Its not the same brand I usally buy too, and it was from petsmart. Its was this brand: http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CDoQ8gIwAg#

I am for now on sticking with this brand: http://www.google.com/products/catal...IYBEPICMAk4FA#

The holes are a lot bigger for water flow and the plastic is thick and super clear so the bettas can see each other.

Do you have any pics of the divider in your tank? I'm looking for dividers that are effective but also attractive lol and that petsmart brand one just looks tacky....

And I'm glad I don't have any wired plants in my tank! I wouldn't have noticed something like that!
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #5 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe0704 View Post
Do you have any pics of the divider in your tank? I'm looking for dividers that are effective but also attractive lol and that petsmart brand one just looks tacky....

And I'm glad I don't have any wired plants in my tank! I wouldn't have noticed something like that!
yes I do! sadly the nice ones come with that ugly turquoise plastic holder. There are ones with black, but the divider part sucks and is hard to clean when algae grows on it. Here are mine, you can see in one of the pix how clear the divider is and the other how it spaces out in a 10gal.
Attached Images

lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #6 
Jupiter

I didn't even notice that there WAS wire tbh.

I guess I'll have to be more careful with the stuff that I buy at Big Al's from now on, though I'm not very pleased that they would sell this for fish if there was the risk of rusting...reminds me of those betta hammocks.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote