Betta Fish Forum banner

Post pics of your divided tanks here!

4K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  coolcucumber 
#1 ·
I'm looking for the best brand divider for my 10 gallon... one that is stable as well as attractive :) Please post pics of your divided tanks and include what brand divider you use, or how you made your own divider!

Thanks!

#3 ·
I have two divided tanks.
This one is a 6.6 gallon, I bought the divider at petco. A brand called Penn Plax, I had to cut it to fit because of this tanks odd shape. The only bad thing about it is it is completely see through:

This next one is my divided 10 gallon. I bought the divider at a LPS called NorthWest Seed and Pet. The brand is Lee's AQ2. This one is alot harder to see through:

#4 ·
I don't have any divided tanks, but I am considering getting a 10-gallon and dividing it, so I am interested in this thread as well. Good pictures so far!

#8 ·
I plant to upgrade them into seprate tanks one day, but just spent HEAPS on 2 new 5 gal tanks for 2 bettas comming from thiland.
Really wish australia had fish tanks as cheap as america/canada,
2, 5 gal tanks here cost me 100 bucks bahhh :)

Attachments

#9 ·
Okay, maybe I'm as dumb as a stone, but could someone please explain to me how (if the tanks are divided) even heating and filteration occurs?

I would consider this option (as a back up for sorority sisters that are malajusted) but I don't understand how it works...

#10 · (Edited)
Heating and filtration are still able to occur evenly when the tank's divider is perferated (has holes) large enough for water, etc, to smoothly pass through, but not bettas :D

This is mine! :D I just set it up. Im getting new plants later today!

Maccie's side:

Part of Alle's:

*Whooops. Mine's a modified TopFin Divider Kit (10 gal), I used the bindings and top claps, but not the mesh, it wasnt long or tall enough for my slightly larger than normal width tank. I used Some cheap crocheting mesh from a craft store in its place, its prettier and IMO stronger..

#15 ·
@ Sherleelee: The betta on the left looks like my Cheep-Cheep!

Here's a picture of my 10-gallon divided tank. The info on how I did it and what I used is in its own thread. I just put the first of 3 fish in tonight and I need to wait for my next paycheck to get some decor, but this is what it looks like so far:

#16 ·
@ Sherleelee: The betta on the left looks like my Cheep-Cheep!

Here's a picture of my 10-gallon divided tank. The info on how I did it and what I used is in its own thread. I just put the first of 3 fish in tonight and I need to wait for my next paycheck to get some decor, but this is what it looks like so far:
What is that fake plant you have in with the betta! looks awsome i want one :)

#17 ·
I forgot exactly what it's called. I got it at Petsmart, kind of expensive for its size. There are two types, a bigger one with blue/purple petals, and the white one. I originally got the blue one for Edwin because he was very shy and didn't eat unless no one was watching. But then I got this one because it looks better with his color, though he's really come around and doesn't hide any more. It's really soft, made of rubber, so no pokey parts. Here's a link, though I didn't see the orange one in stock at the store:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3079183

#20 ·

Attachments

#24 ·
Idk what kind of divider you're using, but you can go to a craft store and buy crocheting mesh (PLASTIC) in a dark color and place it flush against your current divider to make it really hard to see through but still without obstructing it.
It worked for me, though I had a big chunk missing from it (which made it a little usless x_X)

I bought mine from Michael's craft stores, it was like "7" something, and only 50cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.