Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #11 
ChicagoPete

Fantastic Story I can't wait to read your next one!!
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #12 
BettasForever

A Betta Story Part 6

My days in the tank were great. Me and Turquoise chatted all day. Finally, early in the morning the boy came out to feed me. He hadn't named me or Turquoise yet but I imagine that maybe by tonight he would be ready to give us our names, or at least one of them. He dropped in one pellet and a bloodworm, and did the same for Turquoise's tank. Then he would come back around night time (I knew this because that's what the boy's mom would say when it got dark.) and do the same, only with 1 pellet for each of us. This was fun because he played a little game with us at night: He would drop the pellet onto the bubbling airstone and watch it float around until we got it. It was fun, and the only source of entertainment we could get. Until one day, he didn't come back until late at night. When he DID come back, he set down a bag labeled "Petsmart" next to my tank. I didn't know what was in it, but there was definitely SOMETHING in it. I couldn't make out what it was from my tank, but, as I said, there was something in it...
BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #13 
Nutt007

OOOoooooOOo! Suspense!
I love this story! More!
Nutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #14 
Titus Flame

Please write more! I gotta know what's in the bag. I'll guess it's a female betta!
Titus Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #15 
BettasForever

A Betta Story Part 7

Two days went buy until the boy finally took the 'thing' out of the bag. It happened to be nothing but a tank decoration for my aquarium. "It's pretty neat!" I thought. He cleaned my tank that Saturday, washed the new decoration, and put it in, along with me shortly after. It was a cute little plastic rock cave that I could hide in. I loved it! I rested either on top of it, or in it. When he turned my tank light off at night I rested my fins on the gravel until the sun rose. When he fed me he played his little 'game'. All was great. Sometimes the boy would get sick with a cold and his mom or dad would feed me. His dad would tap on the glass and irritate me so I flared constantly for him to stop, I didn't want to revisit the whole 'truck' issue. A week later the boy came home with some delicious blood worms that I could eat. I talked to Turquoise to no end.
One day when I woke up, Turquoise was not in his tank. I circled my tank, looking at his from all different angles until I gave up. Did Turquoise die? Oh, how sad I would be! When I got sick of my tank decorations I would talk to Turquoise. He was always entertaining me. What would I do? I had to find out straight away.

I flared, I acted sick, I did everything for a couple days to make the owners think I was sick. Maybe they would take me to the pet store. Maybe they took night back because he was sick. Maybe I could GET sick so I could stay with him. He was my best friend. I really wanted him to come back. The boy cried because of the way I 'acted' sick. He didn't want to lose me either. It was either Turquoise or my owner. It was extremely hard to make everyone happy, including myself. I still acted sick, all through the week until the family took me to the pet store. There was constant chatter and crying until the pet store took me away into a back room. She put me in a cup with blue water and sprinkled something into my cup. I was sad. They put me in the back where the sick fish go. I stayed there for a couple of days. It was horrible. I made a bad choice. Chances are Turquoise HAD died, and was never to be seen again. Although he could be here amongst the few sick bettas that WERE here. What if he was? No, probably not. I would never see him again. And I would probably never see myself again. Nope. This was the end of me. I lie down, gave my owner the best wishes, and went to sleep.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
When I woke up I was feeling great. I had been put back with all the healthy, lively bettas! I saw a flash of blue and green and swerved in my cup. It couldn't have been Turquoise. This betta had too much green to be Turquoise. Then again, he was frantically trying to attack me from his cup. It WAS Turquoise! I couldn't believe it! We had been reunited!

Last edited by BettasForever; 01-28-2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: I accidentally used Night instead of Turquoise.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #16 
Titus Flame

Please write more!
Titus Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #17 
BettasForever

I will write more tommorow. By the way, the boy in the story is not me. None of this really happened. Im a girl, I just thought I could use a boy to spice it up. Pretty awesome story so far, right? :D
Old 01-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #18 
BettasForever

Sorry for being so off schedule, I will post Part 9 and maybe even 10 tommorow.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #19 
bloo97

Nice story! But it looks like you ripped off one of the story titles! LOL J/K
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #20 
BettasForever

I haven't had any time to post anything this weekend, and I need to think of something good. Part 9 will come when it comes. :)