Betta Fish Forum banner

I got Lucky!

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Lordsameth 
#1 ·
So I am addicted to craigslist. Always looking and yesterday I lucked out. A girl at UCSC ( in santa cruz ca) needed to rehome her betta. I thought hey cool, I like bettas, I have a 10 g planted tank, why not. Turns out its a Half Moon Plakat. About 6 mo old. She got him directly from thailand through aquabid! She said from Mr_Betta I guess. I dont know much about that site yet, but I'm looking! YAY lucky me!

I just put him in with my community and all seems well. Ill post pics once he opens up, and I get new lighting, mine sucks! I'm kind of excited! He's gorgeous! Irridecent blue and red. YAY! :p

So if anyone has any pointers, throw them at me. I've had bettas before, but just your run of the mill 3 dollar petco ones.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum! That DOES sound like a lucky find...I can't find anything interesting on CL. I can't wait to see pictures of him!

A 10 gallon planted tank sounds great for him. What other fish have you got in the community, and how warm is the water?

#3 ·
So awesome! Nice find!

#6 ·
I have danios, a platy, some guppies, cories and a pleco. Everyone gets along fine, the danios only pick on eachother but nothing out of the ordinary. I think my tank is too cold right now, In fact I think my heater is broken. I'll be getting a new one tomorow, along with a new light bulb so that should take care of that.

#7 ·
What type of Pleco do you have? Most get very large (like 2 feet long) and become more aggressive and carnivorous the older they are. Also, some are known Betta killers. Because Bettas like to rest alot the Pleco will wait for night and suck itself to the fish and kill it.
And I do not know about yours, but my Danios were fin nippers.

#8 ·
My Pleco is a little guy. Hes only about an inch and a half, and has never shown any agression to any of my fish. I've had bettas in with this group before, and didnt come across any issues. My danios only pick on each other, all of my other fishies fins are intact. I will definately keep an eye out though. My tank is at my computer desk at home, so I'm there alot and just sit and stare :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.