Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #11 
ilovebunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe0704 View Post
My hubby and I are setting up one room dedicated to our tank pets (bettas, frogs, geckos). We plan to have it look like an outdoor location: lots of plants, steel garden frames for holding tanks, lots of sunlight. Almost like a greenhouse! If we complete it before this thread becomes obsolete I'll post pics lol
This sounds amazing! Would be awesome to have an indoor koi pond in this room! ;) I hope you get around to doing this and post the wonderful pictures for me to see.
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #12 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtriro01 View Post
let me share the fish room of one betta breeder here in our country
all rights for these pics goes to him:
from http://elmermanansala.multiply.com/

THIS IS SO WHAT I AM GOING FOR!!! Thanks for the pic. Now I just want to know how the filter works for all of them.
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #13 
ChicagoPete

There is no filter in eny of them from what I can see...
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #14 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPete View Post
There is no filter in eny of them from what I can see...
There is too in the last pic in the corner. Breeders sometimes will have some kind of filter so they don't have to dump out every single tank. THey have something that slowly sucks out the water and drips new water in, from what I have seen on other sites.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #15 
ChicagoPete

O The big gallon drums in there. I see but it still is unclear to me without the person explaining it himself who has the setup and if its a perminant system in each tank or something that is moved from shelf to shelf.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #16 
wallywestisthebest333

What most breeders and people with fishrooms have is something called a drip system. You can see it in those pictures but this video series (the link is for part 1 of three) might help you out a little more. =] It's not as detailed as it should be but it's a basic guideline that it might help you to follow. Of course you can customize it to your needs and tanks and this is where the research comes in. =]

What makes these systems awesome is the one main filter. It cuts down on cords and individual maintenance.

You'll also want to PM some of the breeders on this forum and possibly a member whose username is Chrissy. =] Most breeders have a drip system of some sort in use. even if it's not for the fry.

This is a big undertaking. What's your time table like? When are you planning on starting your project? =]

Last edited by wallywestisthebest333; 01-27-2011 at 12:49 PM.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #17 
ChicagoPete

NEato!
Old 01-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #18 
wallywestisthebest333

Good luck with your research and tell us more when you've got your plans laid out! =]

I'm excited for you!
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:59 PM   #19 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
What most breeders and people with fishrooms have is something called a drip system. You can see it in those pictures but this video series (the link is for part 1 of three) might help you out a little more. =] It's not as detailed as it should be but it's a basic guideline that it might help you to follow. Of course you can customize it to your needs and tanks and this is where the research comes in. =]

What makes these systems awesome is the one main filter. It cuts down on cords and individual maintenance.

You'll also want to PM some of the breeders on this forum and possibly a member whose username is Chrissy. =] Most breeders have a drip system of some sort in use. even if it's not for the fry.

This is a big undertaking. What's your time table like? When are you planning on starting your project? =]
Thanks for the info. I plan on doing this in a few years, so no rush. I just want ideas so I know how to set up. I am not sure about the time line of my work. Depending on where I am, but I always make sure I have time for my animals.If I worked 8 hours a day, the rest of the day I would make for my fish till I went to bed.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #20 
jmtriro01

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchiwolf View Post
There is too in the last pic in the corner. Breeders sometimes will have some kind of filter so they don't have to dump out every single tank. THey have something that slowly sucks out the water and drips new water in, from what I have seen on other sites.

i don't think he is using a drip system. but when i have the chance to visit his place, i will tell you how he does it.
jmtriro01 is offline   Reply With Quote