Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #1 
xxmikeyxx

HELP! Pectoral Fin problems

SO i just recently bought a white female SDT and she was fine at first from what i saw, which was 3 days ago. But today when i came home after looking at her i notice that she's not using one of her pectoral fin and her two vental fins correctly. She'll keep them tuck in beside her body. And well use them once in a while. I don't see any signs of external problems. Water is clean and temp at 76-78.

Or maybe it was like this when i bought her and over look her cause i was happy i found a white one in the batch that came into the LPS. She was the only white one and i got first pick on the unopen shipments.If anyone could help give me an answer that would be great.
xxmikeyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #2 
DragonFish

Ive seen this happen mostly in injured, extremely stressed fish, though there is the occasional one that simply does it out of only stress. If you see no outward injuries or anything of the sort, just keep an eye on her and keep the water clean. Wouldn't hurt to raise the temp up more towards 79-80 either....I've found some bettas tend to be a little more sensitive with their temps then others and prefer it on the warmer side.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:35 PM   #3 
xxmikeyxx

Thanks for the quick reply, i'll keep an eye on her for the next couple of days and update if anything worsens.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:55 PM   #4 
DragonFish

No problem :) Best of luck!
Old 01-27-2011, 12:17 AM   #5 
drg889

I had this problem with my betta as well. i assumed he had an illness...but a few hours later he was fine. I believe it was just stress since i had moved him into a new 5gallon tank from his previous 1/2 gallon (when his 2.5gal broke).
drg889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #6 
xxmikeyxx

So i been watching her closely everyday after work when i get home and she's doing fine now! Woo thank goodness. I did as instructed and raise the temp to about 80 or so and she seems less stress and swimming normally now. Thanks everyone. Just wanted to update and let everyone know.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #7 
DragonFish

Awesome! Glad to hear shes doing better :)
I hope you know the next step is pictures....shes sounds gorgeous, I'd love to see what she looks like xD