Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #1 
mand

divided tank idea

I was looking around the internet and came across this page http://www.ultimatebettas.com/index.php?showtopic=10696.
It looks like a pretty good idea on how to divide a tank, has anybody tried dividing a tank using plexi glass? I like the idea of it all slotting together and if measured and cut exactly there shouldn't be any need for silicon to make the dividers permanent. Therefore if i changed my mind at some point in the future the whole thing should just slide out and would be easy to store.
Anybody have any ideas why this wouldn't work?
mand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #2 
ChicagoPete

I dunno.. It is a great plan of a setup but without the Silicone it looks really flimsy.
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #3 
PewPewPew

If their permanance worries you, keep in mind that silicon, even though its tough, can still fairly easily be yanked off or at least scraped off if need be :B
Also, there are tank dividers that have the little hooks on them that go under the hood lining (and wont raise it, like Id thought! D8) and provide intense stability.
There's also a thread on here about diy dividers... You could also modify it (though I dont suggest it..) so it fits soooo snugly to the tank, you dont need sealant or even binding, but would have to bury a bunch of the bottom horizontally under the substrate @-@
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote