Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #21 
bettalover2033

Well if he isnt flaring much at her then i would try what NI sai and remove then reintroduce her again in a few hours
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #22 
monroe0704

Ok Day 3, the male has always been interested in the female, trying oh so hard to impress her. The female is still ignoring him. I tried removing her for a few hours and putting her back. Same thing happens. The male gets all excited trying to woo her to the bubble nest and she just chills/runs away. Maybe she wasn't ready to breed with him. >_< I'm about ready to just start conditioning another pair.
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #23 
StarSpun

Location: Toronto, Canada for the warm months, on an RV somewhere warm during the cold ones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe0704 View Post
Ok Day 3, the male has always been interested in the female, trying oh so hard to impress her. The female is still ignoring him. I tried removing her for a few hours and putting her back. Same thing happens. The male gets all excited trying to woo her to the bubble nest and she just chills/runs away. Maybe she wasn't ready to breed with him. >_< I'm about ready to just start conditioning another pair.

Wow that's frustrating! But you have a LOVELY DT duo to pair next right?

Ha Ha!

Eh keep trying. Somethings gotta give. Maybe she will have a change of heart? :)

I am afraid I may have a similar problem with my MG pair. Well maybe not similar It's the male who has a problem. He is more interested in flirting with and building a HUGE bubble nest for my platinum butterfly....except he is a male. *sigh*. If I hear one more gay fish comment from my hubby....well....

StarSpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #24 
monroe0704

Lol don't worry, he's prob just threatened by the platinum guy and building a nest to feel better about himself. My males in the divided did that the first few days hah.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #25 
bettalover2033

Quote:
You have to be patient. Trust me i know how frustrating it can be to want them to spawn so bad. Its not easy just to see them not spawn for so many hours. Have they even come close to being under the nest together?
Old 01-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #26 
monroe0704

Oh and I want the tri-color dt male to regain some of his finnage before I spawn them. He bit it during transit...
Old 01-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #27 
monroe0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
You have to be patient. Trust me i know how frustrating it can be to want them to spawn so bad. Its not easy just to see them not spawn for so many hours. Have they even come close to being under the nest together?
They came close so many times the first day I had them both out. At least 5 times. The second day they came close once. Today, nada. The male has stopped adding to the bubble nest and now it's falling apart lol
Old 01-29-2011, 09:38 PM   #28 
bettalover2033

Quote:
They came close so many times the first day I had them both out. At least 5 times. The second day they came close once. Today, nada. The male has stopped adding to the bubble nest and now it's falling apart lol
Oh. I see. I have had this happen MANY times before all you would have to do is encourage them to spawn by adding maybe an indian almond leaf or you can get water conditioner, which has (IAL) in it.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #29 
StarSpun

Location: Toronto, Canada for the warm months, on an RV somewhere warm during the cold ones!
Quote:
Lol don't worry, he's prob just threatened by the platinum guy and building a nest to feel better about himself. My males in the divided did that the first few days hah.

This is good to know! Ha Ha!
Old 01-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #30 
StarSpun

Quote:
Oh and I want the tri-color dt male to regain some of his finnage before I spawn them. He bit it during transit...

Ohhh noooo! Silly fishes! A couple of mine did the same....hope they heal up soon:D