Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #11 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
I do understand where your coming from on the big fonts thing but...

I have yet to see someone on this board get berated or told they were hated or should die because of x,y,z. That is seriously overreacting. If anything you will see "you should have a 2 gallon tank because of x,y,z" or "not doing enough water changes causes x,y,z"

Lets face it on the water change thing... 90% of the topics in the disease section are related to miscare due to not enough water changes. No one is rude by saying you need to do more water changes... that is helping.

Maybe I'm not seeing the posts your seeing or maybe it's because I'm on other boards who actually tell it like it is while still being respectful. You can be respectful without sugar coating and sometimes that is needed.

Edit..

Oh yeah.. wanted to add. Instead of everyone posting these ranty, passive aggressive threads.. why not either:
1) contact the moderating staff with your concerns about individual posts
2) contact the poster themselves and respectfully address your concerns
This.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #12 
1fish2fish

If you feel they are being overly rude you most certainly can report them... I have on a number of occasions. That way a mod can asses the post and decide whether or not they are being overly rude or insensitive or whether the post is acceptable.

I still really haven't seen many attacking posts.. the closest thing to that I would say are people who come asking if two betta can be kept together or saying they keep two bettas together. Even those I don't see as overly rude because come on, unless you lived under a rock you know that siamese fighting fish are aggressive.. thats why they're kept in cups instead of big tanks at pet stores.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #13 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

1fish2fish,

I've been on the internet almost since Al Gore invented it (LOL), and seen a lot of discussion boards.

There always seems to be a cyber-twit or two on every board. I think it's some kind of diversity law or fairness doctrine, or something or other. ;)

Cyber-twits come; cyber-twits go... eventually. Especially if you ignore their posts! And report post abuse to the board moderator.

I do agree, we should all lead by example... not only here, but everywhere we go. :)

I do think that most people who are new to the board, by and large, run into the nice people here. In fact, until I read your posting, I didn't know there was a problem poster running loose here! Don't pay 'em no mind, my dear. Let them roll of your back like water rolls off a duck...
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #14 
bloo97

I can see where you are coming from. This is a family forum, so there could be kids that are anywhere from 8-13. They probably don't know squish about bettas. Just tell them what they should do to help their fish and have them research.

BTW, 1f2f, you should be a mod. lol
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I know we have had a lot of arguements here, lately. I think if you have a problem with someone, you can either contact that person and try to work things out or contact a moderator, like 1fish2fish said. If you do contact someone and still can't work things out, then contact a moderator and we will help you work out your differences. Like I have said before, I think this is a friendly forum and I would hate for someone to come here for help, get rude responses, then leave thinking we are a bunch of jerks.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #16 
boro

I gotta say that compared to the other forums I'm on, this one is really tame...

Then again, the other forums I'm on are car-related forums with a bunch of other dudes, and if there's one thing you can never disagree with a guy on it's his opinion about his car and what's in it. Big bolded text and sarcasm are the least of the forum's worries!
boro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #17 
ChicagoPete

Yah like my rocken 03 Town&Country minivan with a 3.8 baby!!!
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #18 
1fish2fish

LOL.. y'all should come on down to my dog forum. We make BF look like rainbows and sunshine. But we're still a great group of people... just a little.. um.. overenthusiastic? Especially when it comes to "oops my dog got pregnant" or "I'm gonna breed my chiweeniepoodoodlething"

...then again.. I think there is a higher age limit on my dog forum. That makes a huge difference in how acceptable it is to approach un-educated posts. You never know when your talking to an 11 year old or a 30 year old on here.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #19 
tsoto80

Cant we all just get along! lol
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote