Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #11 
wallywestisthebest333

Nice! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #12 
Oldfishlady

Great job....your tank looks awesome.....the wisteria will work as a floater or planted...its a pretty easy stem plant to grow....you can even propagate from a leaf...let it float until it sprouts roots and then plant or with the mother plant- pinch the top and plant the stem and it will root and the pinched plant with get bushier......the leaves you strip off-let them float and usually within a week or so they will have roots..if not toss them

Potted will be fine-you can even use potting soil in your pots-use gravel in the bottom of the pot, wet potting soil-pot the plant and top with more gravel so the soil will not float...the weight from the gravel, pot and wet potting soil will help keep it submerged and the potting soil will make the plant grow better/faster...provided that you have the right lights and it looks like you do by the way your plants are growing.....

Only problem I see.....you need more tanks...laffs......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #13 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Great job....your tank looks awesome.....the wisteria will work as a floater or planted...its a pretty easy stem plant to grow....you can even propagate from a leaf...let it float until it sprouts roots and then plant or with the mother plant- pinch the top and plant the stem and it will root and the pinched plant with get bushier......the leaves you strip off-let them float and usually within a week or so they will have roots..if not toss them

Potted will be fine-you can even use potting soil in your pots-use gravel in the bottom of the pot, wet potting soil-pot the plant and top with more gravel so the soil will not float...the weight from the gravel, pot and wet potting soil will help keep it submerged and the potting soil will make the plant grow better/faster...provided that you have the right lights and it looks like you do by the way your plants are growing.....

Only problem I see.....you need more tanks...laffs......
Thank you so much for the information! I'm going to be watching this leaf that's floating around now. :D I'm sure my mother would love it if I filled all of her tanks with wisteria on my trips home. Haha.

I might re-pot the plants in potting soil, then. Right now they're just in some type of foam that they came in.

I have access to a few more tanks (five more - two are empty 10g just asking to be divided and filled with bettas!). I see a horrible creation in progress!
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #14 
boro

Great tank, so many plants!
boro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #15 
Titus Flame

That is like a betta dream home! Looks great!
Titus Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #16 
1fish2fish

ah.. I didn't know they were potted. They should do fine that way :)
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #17 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
ah.. I didn't know they were potted. They should do fine that way :)
Aha! I guess that means I did a good job hiding the pots! XD
Old 01-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #18 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by boro View Post
Great tank, so many plants!
Quote:
That is like a betta dream home! Looks great!
Thank you! It's so nice having live plants. :) You get the gratification of keeping a fish AND plants healthy.