Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #1 
Tomsk

New Betta on the way!!

I still have "Nibbler" my original Betta but not content with just the one I have now ordered another .

I have ordered a Green Rosetail from my LFS from their supplier in Singapore,which I'm expecting to ready to pick up next week.They have ordered 3 with that description and I can choose which one I want (the other two will be sold in the shop).
My intention was to put him in my new (4th) tank that I set up last week,but its not going as planned,the new tank is a (hopefully) plant carpeted aquascaped tank (ADA aquasoil substrate, 3w per G lighting etc) but the plants havent really grown yet and the substrate is putting out huge ammonia levels.
So its plan B then ,I'll put him in my "Zul'gurub" 7G with my white cloud minnows until the tank is ready (this tank was a back-up tank incase the rocks in the aquascaped tank are too sharp for the Bettas fins).

As a side-note/extra drama,since setting up the tank & ordering the Betta I have bought a 10G normal shaped tank off E-bay to replace my Zul'gurub tank when everything is sorted .

Tomsk

Pics of new aquascaped tank & my old Zul'gurub tank below
Attached Images

Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #2 
BettasForever

Looks great! I think you know what you're doing so good luck :)
BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #3 
weluvbettas

Tomsk. I have the same tank in the fist pic. Does the bulb that comes with the tank work for live plants?
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #4 
Tomsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvbettas View Post
Tomsk. I have the same tank in the fist pic. Does the bulb that comes with the tank work for live plants?
Yes,but only with low level light plants.Its only a 11W bulb so if you go for Java Moss,Java fern,Anubias etc it will be fine.

Tomsk
Old 01-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #5 
1fish2fish

What substrate is that in the second picture? That's what I want for my new project.. a darkish brown substrate instead of black.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #6 
Abby

OHHHH I LIKE! my bf is going to plant out my tanks he is the "designer" lol i like the statue but my bd despises ornaments and such el natural all the way :D

looks great keep up the good work~!
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #7 
Tomsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
What substrate is that in the second picture? That's what I want for my new project.. a darkish brown substrate instead of black.
Its ADA Amazonia Aquasoil,its a fertilzing substate.Its expensive but I'll be worth it for a "carpeted" tank.This is the first time I have used it (ADA aquasoil is probably the most used/recommended brand for plant aquascaped tanks),so far I have noticed that it leeches high Ammonia levels for the first few days (5.0mg/L) despite constant 40% water changes.Also its easy to cloud up the tank with water movements when doing water changes,I'm filling/emptying mine with a cup ATM .

Tomsk
Old 01-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #8 
Goomba3

I LOVE your WoW reference. I can't wait to see your betta!
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #9 
1fish2fish

That's what I thought it was. Love it but too expensive for my wallet.. especially for a small planted tank. Might be worth the investment when I set up my bigger high-tech planted tanks in the future.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #10 
Tomsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
That's what I thought it was. Love it but too expensive for my wallet.. especially for a small planted tank. Might be worth the investment when I set up my bigger high-tech planted tanks in the future.
True,but I thought I'd buy some and try doing a carpeted tank in a small tank first,so if it all goes arse-up its a cheaper lesson .

Tomsk