Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #1 
Abby

Unhappy Im so bad.....

I went into the pet shop today "just to have a look" at latest shipment of bettas. I know the guy who works there we went through primary and high school together pretty much, anyway.... as soon as i pointed out the dead Betta it was PROMPTLY removed from the tanks.

OK so heres the set up THIS pet shop has: (two of these sit side by side, 8 bays wide and two rows (sixteen bays per tank set up) all filtered and heated. the females are in a large mixed tank.)

And after LITERALLY falling head over heels in love with one, my bf chose a nother and i made myself pick a female. These three are on hold hidden out the back of shop for one week till my tanks up. i figured better to leave them in tanks at store then keep them in containers till i got my tank set up.

The males came in a lot of "Cambodian" type, so here goes
and im sorry these are REALLY REALLY BAD pictures my cam on my phone sucks big time. plus it takes about 50 pictures before they settle down and let you get a decent one LOL

OK this is the still to be named male I chose:

his body is a few different shades of blue and his fins are REALLY light blue not quite white and i LOVE THE SINGLE SPOT on his anal fin xD

to the right side is the now named "Benny" (The male on the left is the unnamed male see his also multicoloured on his head lol)
Benny is several toned dark blue body with blue-white fins.
As much as i would LOVE to breed Benny I doubt i will. Benny has a sever case of deformed fins the "Curl" fins are deformities
(last week the lady at the shop told me breeders are trying to Breed this curled fin in, i said that is cruel and like trying to breed three legged dogs)

And the Lady of the Mannor, her name will be Tamina. (Yes before you ask I have seen the movie Prince of Persia, and Yes i did name Dastan and the new Tamina off the movie haha)

Tamina is "a common short fin" that looks almost like a crown tail hybrid, she has some fin damage: here she is:

these pics are truly horrid.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #2 
Abby

The females are in a tank along with some of the following fish:
Killie fish:

Ghost knight fish (one of my favoured fishies xD)

Bristenosed catfish (SO CUTE)
Old 01-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #3 
Abby

Glass fish (what a weird but awesome fish lol)
Old 01-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #4 
Abby

Cories

and the last one i could recognize:
albino cat fish
Old 01-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #5 
Abby

Emperor Tetras:
Old 01-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #6 
Abby

Albino catfish:
Old 01-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #7 
Abby

ok for some reason i had to post them like that it kept telling me "post too long"

So with that many different types of various ages theres bound to be a few discomforts, there were STILL two white boring female bettas one looks pretty far gone but she could just look like that, struggling to swim and sitting on bottom, because of the GYNORMOUS egg bundle shes carrying. ive reluctantly decided that when my tanks up if he sitll has both the white boring females ill buy the smaller one just to take pitty on her.

SOOOOO now i need a name for the male, Benny wont like in my "community bayed up tank" im having built but im going to set him up in Neros critter keeper and pimp it out for the lil deformed boy but hes pretty looking. i MAY MAY MAY breed from him one day in the far distant future just to see if i can duplicate his colors
Old 01-27-2011, 11:43 PM   #8 
Abby

He has been named!
Old 01-28-2011, 12:19 AM   #9 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
He has been named!
Stunning choices. I would have snatched him up too.
Melvin? That is my blue marble CT's name. The only two Bettas named Melvin that I have come acrossed. :]
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:26 AM   #10 
Abby

it was a choice of Melvin or Louie hes a melvin most defiantly LOL there were about 6 i wanted :) Benny is going to keep the critter carrier and the rest will be breeding stock :P