Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2011, 01:48 AM   #11 
LittleBettaFish

At my LFS, it goes from $6.95 for a veiltail to about $29.95 for a halfmoon. They also sell plakats, crowntails, doubletails and giants. The girl told me they have heaps out the back so if I have a colour or type I want specifically I just have to ask.

There's a lady in QLD who is the main transhipper for Australia, and I have a pair from her I ordered that came over from Thailand. She's who I would go to if I wanted Aquabid quality bettas without the need for importing them myself.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:04 AM   #12 
Luimeril

>3>

$3 for females
$4 for VTs
$8 for CTs(unless you're me. i get them VT price. not sure why...)
$10 for HMs and DTHMs(or deltas. >3> they get them mixed up)
$10 for Wiess, who was an HMPK
$15 for dragons

not bad prices, huh? xD
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:31 AM   #13 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah I think Australia is more expensive in terms of betta pricing. I always laugh when I see posts by people saying how they had to pay $7.00 or something for their betta. I wish it was that cheap here.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:14 AM   #14 
Abby

A)Littlebettafish: your talking about FishChick. i was in reef shop today and apparent shes not all cracked up to be. they wont touch her with a ten foot pole.

B) Luimeril and LittleBettaFish: i paid $10.90 for Dastan and the new three but Nero is a ct so he costed me $14.95

Im reluctant to buy online for fish just because i would LIKE to SEE it in person before i buy it.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:32 AM   #15 
LittleBettaFish

That's odd, makes me wonder if it's on their side and not hers. I purchased my pair from her and the whole process was great. My fish arrived exactly like they were in the video, with the female full of eggs and the male in perfect health. The bloke at my fish shop knew about her, and she is the only listed transhipper for Australia on every Aquabid auction I've looked at.

She's over on the Aquarium Life forum as one of their sponsors, and she's obviously not got such a bad reputation that no one was willing to volunteer their time at her shop when the floods passed through.

Oh well, I'm not going to speculate about someone else's private business dealings online, I just found it strange to hear you say that.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #16 
Abby

yeh ive not heard the best things but each to his own anyway i prefer being able to see what im buyingin person first.

UPDATE: the store with the bettas in containers on the tank reason being the owner would find betters stuck under the 4mm partions with filter flow
Old 02-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #17 
lilchiwolf

I think thats one of the best LPS betta set ups I have ever seen! You don't see that kind of roomie care at big corp pet stores.
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #18 
FuulieQ

The places I get my bettas take very good care of their fish. I go to either Aquarium Adv. or Petco. Seriously, at the local Petco the betta's water looks so clean that if you go in there thirsty you're tempted to drink it. xD I mean, occasionally there will be a bloodworm in there that the fish didn't eat, but at least I know they feed frozen.

I love that shop. I know they take care of sick fish because I've pointed out ill animals to them before, they take them to the back, I come in next day and see the same guy out on display and totally healthy and vibrant again. :)
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #19 
Biomess

My guy is a little pricey when it comes to deco, equipment and sometimes fish. But he is the only one within 10 miles to get fish, although I will drive that and farther depending on what I want, othertimes I will pay the extra bit and he carries some thing the big chain store do not.
His females are in a sorority, a nice 10+ gallon tank for $3.99, he charges $9.99 for Dragons and $5.99 for all others, VT, CT and Plakat. His veil tails are almost always pure colors, like solid blue with a dark blue/black head, or deep solid red. He does keep them in those little cups that attach to the side of a larger tank, but the water is filtered and heated so that's good.
Biomess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #20 
Abby

i hate u all so much (JOKING) i wish it was so cheap over here but then *hangs head* id have too many fish.