Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2011, 01:31 AM   #1 
Sherleelee

Location: I now live in Vic, Australia but from Alberta Canada
Red face My 1st rescue betta :)

Today I was out at my local pet shop trying to find a Nitrite test kit... they said they didnt have one but to try such and such stores. Laughed at the guy and said i couldnt do that it would be like cheating on you guys haha. So the mother in law and I went out to this really small aquarium shop to look, and soon as i walk in and see the wall of bettas. my heart droped... The pet store i normaly go to have the bettas in 1 liter tanks filterd heated ect and are very well taken care of.. the ones in the store where either dead or covered in fungus... So i asked the owner, how much for a betta. ( I had a spare 5 liter tank at home) he said 12 bucks... i was like you do know all of them have a fungus infection yea? Oh yea he said thats just what happens with these kinds fish *i roll eyes* so i walk out with just my test kit. The mother in law starts driving and i feel physicly ill and start rummaging through my purse to see if i can find lose change, and the mother in law goes. Whacha looking for.. lose change i really want that betta... So she gives me all the change in her care ( in total 4 bucks) and she turns back, i go in slam the change on the desk and say this is all i got can i please get one of thoses bettas and he said sure ^.^ They where all sick but i got the least sick looking one ( honestly most of them looked like they where gonna die that night... ) So the one i got is blue, red, and purple and the mother in law ( cause as she said she is part owner haha) named him Jem. He has velvet, and fungal infection from what i can see so i have him in multi cure ect right now in a airated tank, ( i wont have money for a long while for a heater but im closley checking his water temp. plus its hardcore summer and its 40 degrees out so should be safe) But yea thats my store of how i was out to get a test kit and came home with my 1st betta resucue.. here is what my desk looks like LOL! ( Sorry for all the spelling errors) ( Water is green due to medicine)
Attached Images

Sherleelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:58 AM   #2 
Aluyasha

That Betta got lucky that he found an owner who will take proper care of him. :)
Good luck with his recovery!
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:04 AM   #3 
Sherleelee

Thanks heaps hun, i feel bad cause he is in my spare 5liter tank but i had no plans on comming home with a betta, he seems soo much happier in there tho, so i guess a 5liter tank is better then being in a less then a liter of space and probley dieing within the next couple days. Once he is better i plan on getting him a plant and getting him a hidey hole thing tommorw :) And i was soo shocked he ate! my other bettas took like 4 days to eat and he has been here less then a day and is pigging out ^.^ Almost made me cry :)
Old 01-29-2011, 05:15 AM   #4 
Aluyasha

Even if his tank is a little small. His best chance of living was finding you. :)
Old 01-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #5 
Sherleelee

Aww your gorgeous! Soo wanna hug you right now :)
Old 01-29-2011, 05:21 AM   #6 
Aluyasha

BTW, looked at your album. Beautiful fish! :)
Old 01-29-2011, 03:16 PM   #7 
cjayBetta

<3 the Betta and all the WoW stuffs :P:P:P:P
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #8 
Bettaluver4evr

What a cute sad story! What a lucky betta to have found you! That tank will be fine for now, don't worry to much. He looks alright in the pic, alot of red. :) Wonderful job rescuing a pet store betta.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #9 
Sherleelee

Your adorable, oh the red one is sam, i got him a few months ago along with angel (white one) Jem is the one in the green water tank. Jem made it though the 1st night which was worring me, and is doing alot better, the top find is really cripmed over like he must be injured so i hope he can show me how beautiful he is in the days to come. The water was a bit chilly ( even with the temp +40 out so i have put scalding hot water in a closed cup and let it float in the water for a bit. Will post pics down the line when i get him out of the medicine.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #10 
Bettaluver4evr

OOOOOOH. Whoopsies. Haha. Well, your other betta is adorable, and I can't wait for the new guy to get outta the medicine stuff. :P Hehe! Oops. Can't wait for pics!
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rescue, sick