Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #111 
HayrideHaunter

OH!!! I also got him some fd bloodworms! his first taste of anything but pellets...it was so cute...his first one for sort of pushed to the side of the tank, and he jumped at it and pushed it up out of the water by mistake. He swam away (he wont jump for anything)...i had to push it back in the water hehe ^_^
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #112 
Lion Mom

Not to worry - I'm pretty sure he will. And you are most welcome! :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #113 
HayrideHaunter

thanks Aluyasha...and ohhhhh that explains ittt haha
Old 02-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #114 
Aluyasha

And Petsmart takes much better care of their plants, at least mine does. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #115 
HayrideHaunter

yeah they generally do here...just stinks cuz petco is WAY closer and i have to rely on others for transportation -.-
Old 02-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #116 
HayrideHaunter

awwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!! my sweet little boy built a bubblenest!!! He built one three days after I got him, and hasnt since. I was feeding him and a pellet got stuck near the top of the filter intake...so i went and pulled it out and noticed a couple bubbles nearby...i lean down and look UNDER it and one small, perfect little nest is sitting there underneath the plastic...block. He was swimming around it all proud....pictures later =D
Old 02-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #117 
Aluyasha

He is saying thank you for all the great stuff!
Abacus' first bubblenest was only made the day after I got him his Betta log. :)
Old 02-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #118 
HayrideHaunter

XD its adorable...Marbles built his first, as i said, 3 days after I got him...i changed thw water and he hasnt done one since...no clue why...now...YAY
Old 02-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #119 
Aluyasha

XD
Old 02-05-2011, 03:25 PM   #120 
wallywestisthebest333

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamsuddenimpact View Post
I like his home! (LOVE Thrifty betta homes! <3 I'll have to upload a pic of my 2.5 jar! <3) But I'd remove some of the gravel and add more water unless you plan to cycle! =] It's easier to clean and gives arthur more sweim room and more room to play in his plant! =] He's beautiful btw! ;]

@Hayride Haunter LOVE your new tank! =] I haven't gotten to the end of the thread yet but I lvoed the pics you uploaded! =] Your boy is so pretty and he'll be really happy in his new home! <3 I hope I find one of those kits at a thrift store because they look pretty nice! =]

As for tank mate it depends on the type of snail. Mystery snails are pretty dirty but your average snail is pretty clean as long as you don't overfeed and let them take over your tank! =]

Nerite snails are great options if you only want a few because they only breed in brackis (salty-ish) water! =] They also eat algae off of the glass and any plants that you chose to toss in there! =] You'll most likely have to order them online though. If you do I suggest Aquabid and making sure the seller is from the US! ;]

If you could I strongly suggest picking up some Anacharis, a Java Fern, and an Anubias from the petstore when you go! =] All are great low-light plants and the Anacharis will help with water quality while the other two will just look pretty! ;]

You could also pick up some Wisteria but that's a moderate light plant and may not do well in your tank unless you buy a mini CFL (compact fluorescent bulb, the swirly light bulbs, they now come in miniature size! :D) that's Daylight (rated at 6,500 K(Kelvins)). You'll want to get the lowest wattage you can and possibly an outlet timer (you can find them at any hardware store) so that you can give them 4 hours of light, a 4 hour nap, and then 4 more hours of light! =]

I'd also definitely pick up an AquaClear filter sponge/foam refil pack to baffle your filter. They usually include three sponges and cost about $3.00. I normally get the one for 30 gallons because my filter is a pretty big (5-15 gallon filter) but you could probably get one for 10 or 20 gallons to cover your outflow nicely. =]

I'll post this now and finish reading your thread! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote