Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #121 
HayrideHaunter

thanks for all that Wallywest...

I'm leaving him tank-mate-less for now...might be searching for a mariomo...maybe order some nanos from ebay...for now I'm letting him get used to his tank.

I did order a bit of filter sponge for the intake...right now a regular sponge is covering it but i learned those will mold so for now i'm keeping a close eye on it and waiting for the filter sponge.

i may eventually do real plants but for now he has two silk plants and one soft plastic one...the bigger silk one is beneath the outflow of the filter, so its redirecting it and baffling it enough that Marbles has absolutely no issue swimming about freely now...he even occasionally goes over and nudges at the plant.

my tank, over all, with the exception of the marbles and two smaller plants (i had those)...cost about $54...the 2gal w.filter and hood/light was $32...my dad purchased it for me, and the decor+bloodworms were a little over $20...not a bad deal and hes quite a happy guy =D
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #122 
Fox Love

You could aslo go on Craigslist and look for people trying to get rid of old tanks there. I've found a 10 gallon for $10 with EVERYTHING included. I'm in college too. Amazon and second hand things are our best friends.
Fox Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #123 
HayrideHaunter

Thanks for the tip...I do go on CL a lot but I am looking specifically for 2.5gal stuff at the moment...sorry if that is contradictory to my first post on this thread...I have a 10gal tank that I will work on later on.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #124 
HayrideHaunter

Also this post is VERY old o.o...It was from like a year ago...