Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #11 
HayrideHaunter

blue is my favorite color actually =)...

unfortunately my parents are insanely untrustworthy of buying stuff online and though i'm 18, theyd likely be pretty irked with me buying stuff online =/

ALSO...I dont want any bigger than 3gal =(...i love my buddy but I live in a dorm...i simply dont have the room.
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #12 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayrideHaunter View Post
blue is my favorite color actually =)...

unfortunately my parents are insanely untrustworthy of buying stuff online and though i'm 18, theyd likely be pretty irked with me buying stuff online =/

ALSO...I dont want any bigger than 3gal =(...i love my buddy but I live in a dorm...i simply dont have the room.

Sorry you can't get it.

I have ordered from that site before without any problems. And at that price, I ordered that tank - just couldn't resist!!!

This particular tank is taller than wide - not sure of the dimensions though, but it MIGHT not be any wider than a 3 gal.

Ok - just looked. It is 15 inches wide, 9 1/2 deep & 17 1/2 inches tall. Don't know if that will work for ya, but there ya got it! :)

One thing if you DO happen to get this tank. Don't use the decorations!!! The plastic plants are to rough for a betta's fins & some of the holes in the rock cave are just the right size for a betta to get stuck in. :(

Last edited by Lion Mom; 01-29-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #13 
HayrideHaunter

alright...I'll consider it. thanks for the input! Anyone else for the quality of the tank I linked though?
Old 01-29-2011, 11:15 PM   #14 
turtle10

I would go with the generic 2.5 gallon.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:49 AM   #15 
Aluyasha

I bought the Aqueon 2.5 gallon Betta tank from Petco for Mandala and it works really well. The filter is a little strong so you might have to baffle it, but it is dead silent, I never hear that tank. I got it on sale for $25 it sells originally for about $40.
I do not know about other 2.5 gallons, my other two 2.5 gallon tanks I got at yard sales. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #16 
HayrideHaunter

thx Turtle

Aluyasha: I actually have the Aqueon 1gal right now, and indeed its an awesome tank...I would love to get the 2.5 for less than $44 though, and where I am thats how much it is >.<...I may search for a coupon of some sort...thanks for the input =D
Old 01-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #17 
puppyrjjkm

I'm pretty sure walmart has the 5 gal rectangle tank with hood/lights/filter for under $40, mine was $28 but I think it's like $33 currently. It's a great tank, but is a 5 which you said is too big... but it's not super long, I don't know, just an option.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #18 
HayrideHaunter

thanks puppyrjjkm...but as you said, I really cant do a 5gal right now =(...i think 3 has to be my limit =/
Old 01-30-2011, 10:17 PM   #19 
Missy2280

Walmart has a similar tank to the one you posted from Petco for 19.99 in the stores. I think it is Tetra brand. It has the LED lights on it. I had actually bought it but decided to go with the 5 gallon so I returned it. I have seen people on here use it. Good luck!
Missy2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #20 
Opiomorphus

Another Possible Option?

Hey there. I just started with the Betta keeping hobby and like you, I'm a college student on a tight budget. If you have a petsmart near you, or if your parents will trust you to order from a reputable company online, I was able to get the same Aqueon 2.5 gallon kit from petsmart for 25 dollars. Huge savings over petco! I still got my betta from petco though. And like another reviewer said, the Aqueon is a great tank, very quiet. I think the shipping is cheap, so even if you can only order it off petsmart's website, it'd probably ring up under 40.
Opiomorphus is offline   Reply With Quote