Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-30-2011, 01:35 AM   #1 
Luimeril

Angry remind me again...

(pardon if this is a bit graphic in some parts, or makes anyone uncomfortable. :<)

why i go on Youtube? >.>

in the past 30 minutes, i had to educate someone who plopped a male and female in a .5 gallon divided hex-thingie without the divider(he wanted to "see if they'd breed", then reported that the female bit the crud outta the male's anal fin, and he 'can't swim too good' now. :/), had to correct someone who was giving the kid(yeah. it was a kid) pretty bad info on how to heal said bitten fin.

then, someone posted a video of their walmart. dear gawd. the betta they showed. was dead, nose to the air, tail to the floor. and covered in fungus and was rotting away. i informed them to contact their local health department and/or DHEC. >.>; same issue i've been saying on here. health. violation.

now, i'm just going through, educating people on little things("what size is that tank?", "does your tank have a heater?" things like that. simple things), and mentally cussing out the people who think it's cool to feed their cichlid live bettas. >.>:

so, remind me again. why do i go on youtube?

(note: if you wanna see the vids, PM me. but, be warned. some are pretty bad. :/"
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:35 AM   #2 
Lordsameth

I've seen so many, they are horrifying.

There is one with a girl freaking out because she dipped her finger in the water and it bit her, that one made me lol...*finds it for everyone*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMneK...eature=related

Oh and i found this...LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Sir...eature=related
Lordsameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:45 AM   #3 
Luimeril

HAAAH! take that. >:3

>.> on another note, that bowl is a risk for Mr. Fishy. he could get annoyed and jump. x-X

i hardly ever find GOOD videos like those. D: i always end up with the cruddy ones. found two fighting vids. :/ flagged and negged them both, and made a smart-bummy comment on one. xD
Old 01-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #4 
PewPewPew

HAHAHAH I love the most liked comment on the biting one ;D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #5 
MrVampire181

The cat video reminds me of Gabriel Iglesias (comedian...hilarious guy):

"Orale!!"
"I'm not lookin."
"Orale!!"
"Nope I'm not lookin."
"Orale!!"
"I'm ignoring you!"
"Orale!!"
"WHAT!!!???"
"Orale it's the fat and the furious!"
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #6 
Alex09

But then again, It doesnt help when someone gets angry at a small tank, and replies something like this.
Quote:
stupid girl, get it a 2gal or biggger tank with heater and feed it, then make a vid tell then go and do some good with your self, cause you cant take care of a fish thats for sure
With patience, people. Be like Ghandi or something XD

Last edited by dramaqueen; 02-03-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:08 AM   #7 
Luimeril

i'm always kind to them. i comment on how pretty the fish is, then say "but, he'd be happier in a much bigger tank.". i suggest they get at least a two gallon, suggesting the Kritter Keepers as a cheap version, then give basic health tips. :d
Old 02-03-2011, 01:12 AM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think it's ridiculous to let cats drink out of a fish tank or bowl. I'm glad the betta bit the cat's tongue. Maybe it will teach the cat a lesson.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #9 
Jinx

The owners who understand what's wrong and still resume to to what they're doing are horrible people. It's sick that they'd even post or allow videos that show betta fighting on Youtube. Those people who are clueless sometimes go on Youtube in search of advice on how to better care for their little friend and find the bad videos and think it's ok to do what is shown in the video. I'd have to disagree with some people who say that all bettas need 2.5 gallons or higher to be happy though. I had my first betta in a 1 gallon and he thrived in it. He was active and not once showed any signs of stress or illness. I cleaned the tank out 2 times a week. I believe that with the proper care a betta can live happy inside a 1 gallon tank. That's just my opinion though.
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #10 
Nutt007

Grrr. I don't know what makes me more mad, the video, or the stupid comments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuxK9...feature=fvwrel

Nutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote