Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #1 
lilchiwolf

Question Big betta bedrooms!!!

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering is anyone here has a room in the house that is nothing but bettas. Like breeding rooms, show rooms or both. I wanna look at some set ups cause I wanna start one in a few years. I also want to know what it costs you bills wise. Also how many hours a day you take on caring for everyone.

Pictures would be awesome too. I really want to have all 4 walls nothing but betta tanks, maybe 5gal each, built into the walls. The middle of the room would have a breeding set up. Would an all around filter be be best for all the tanks or would it be better for each tank to have its own? Not sure I would have that man plugs and thats a hell of a lot of cords O.o. I am looking to be a long term hobbiest/breeder one day and become a member of the IBC and be a known breeder. I want to show and really get into it.

Any help for this dream would be awesome!
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #2 
Goomba3

I don't have one, but if I never had to work and was rich and could spend all my spare time with the fish, I would want one! I actually just had a dream that I had a ton of bettas (20 - 30) that were spread around an apartment that I was living in.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #3 
ChicagoPete

OOh ahaha I'd like to see this ie only have my two tanks so not much of a Betta horder as of yet lol.
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #4 
Alex09

I wonder how those look/work as well. Not that I would ever do it, I would like to integrate my aquariums in such a way as to further enhance aesthetic value of the room in question. Dont want my place to look like a pet shop :P
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:12 PM   #5 
monroe0704

My hubby and I are setting up one room dedicated to our tank pets (bettas, frogs, geckos). We plan to have it look like an outdoor location: lots of plants, steel garden frames for holding tanks, lots of sunlight. Almost like a greenhouse! If we complete it before this thread becomes obsolete I'll post pics lol
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:27 AM   #6 
LittleBettaFish

I currently have four 7 gallon, one 8 gallon, one 15 gallon and a 3 gallon in my bedroom. There's also an empty 46 gallon sitting on the floor. I still have to go buy an industrial grade shelving unit, but eventually I will have eight 3 gallon tanks, my 46 gallon tank (set up with a group or pair of wilds) and two 15 gallon tanks in my bedroom. My older brother is an electrician and is installing two new power points because everything in my room is run off adapters.

I would love to have a complete fish room, but I would be worried our floor would collapse under all that weight since we're not on a slab. Humidity is also a real issue. My room is so much hotter than anywhere else in the house so I have to sleep with my window open if I shut my door at night.

Not to mention electricity and water costs ... eek!
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:17 AM   #7 
jmtriro01

let me share the fish room of one betta breeder here in our country
all rights for these pics goes to him:
from http://elmermanansala.multiply.com/

Last edited by jmtriro01; 01-27-2011 at 04:21 AM.
jmtriro01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:52 AM   #8 
LittleBettaFish

My arms hurt just looking at those pictures. Imagine water change day
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:05 AM   #9 
jmtriro01

he doesnt do water change all at once for all tanks. and maybe he's got helpers. this is just in his house.
jmtriro01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #10 
ChicagoPete

HOly Cow thats a lot of Fisheys ^.^
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote