Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #1 
Sweeda88

I've decided to...

... Divide my 10 gallon into 4 parts. They'll each have 2.5 gallons, and that way I can get a Plakat, which I've wanted for ages. I would feel terrible keeping one of my boys in the 1 gallon I have, which I have decided will be for hospital purposes ONLY. I'm going to have to get another bag of gravel to help stabilize all the dividers since there will be another one, but no biggie. Only $3 at my LPS. I'm also being forced to order a new heater this month, as the mechanical one I have keeps overheating to 85*. ARGH. Which means I will be using a heating pad for my 3 gallon for another month. Oh well. It keeps it at a steady 80*. I'm also ordering 2 silk plants for my Plakat's section. Haven't gotten him yet, and I hope my LPS still has one when I go there next time. If they don't, I'll just wait. Unless they have another Dragon Scale Delta. They had one there last time that was AMAZING for a pet store fish. aaargh. Anyway, sorry for my wall of text. I'm bored and thought I'd share my plans with you all. Bye!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:26 AM   #2 
Aluyasha

Let me know how that works out. I have a 10 gallon divided and would always like ideas to get more Bettas. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #3 
danifacetastic

I have a 10 gallon divided in 3 currently but because of not being able to put the water in all the way so the bettas won't jump there's only actually about 8 gallons of water in there so I wouldn't want to risk dividing mine again although I would love another betta.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:10 AM   #4 
Jupiter

I've divided my 10 gallon into 5 before. Definitely not aesthetically pleasing, but it works! Good luck.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #5 
danifacetastic

I think I would just feel bad giving my boys less space. I had my two boys in their one one gallons before and then I upgraded to the 10 and got a third betta.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #6 
Sweeda88

I thought about "feeling bad", but honestly, I'm not really all that worried. It's not like 2.5 gallons is too little, and it's still a lot more than they'd have gotten with someone else. I'm short on money and have to make the most of what I have.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #7 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
I thought about "feeling bad", but honestly, I'm not really all that worried. It's not like 2.5 gallons is too little, and it's still a lot more than they'd have gotten with someone else. I'm short on money and have to make the most of what I have.
True. And besides, even though they will have 2.5 gallons of roaming space, they will have 10 gallons of flowing water. :)
Old 01-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #8 
Sweeda88

Um, I don't have a filter. I don't want to go through cycling, and I'm a stickler about water changes, so I don't need one. I just finished redividing the tank, and it looks nice! I hope my boys don't get depressed, but I think they'll be fine.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #9 
Aluyasha

Good luck. I we will be wanting pictures! :)
Old 01-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #10 
Sweeda88

I'll take some as soon as I have the plants I need and my new guy. It may be a few days. Also, I'll warn you that they'll be crappy webcam pics, so you probably won't see my boys very clearly.