Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-01-2011, 05:47 AM   #1 
bamsuddenimpact

Question!

I have two bettas, each in their own tank, one a two gallon and one a 2.5 gallon. I am waiting on a new heater, so they are somewhat cold right now(72-74 so not horrible). I also have a 3 gallon critter keeper not in use. Do you think it would be more beneficial to place both in the divided 3 gallon with the new heater until I can afford a second one or just let them be and switch it off or something? The reason I am in this dilemma is because I just acquired the second betta after I placed the order the heater, and I am a bit low on funds right now. Also, they are both getting treated for fin problems. One has a tattered tail from the pet store (Grr) and one has fin rot (from other pet store). Any imput is welcome :)
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:45 AM   #2 
Luimeril

KK's might be a bit harder to divide, since they're shaped so funny. is the 2 gallon a tank? what about the 2.5?
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:27 AM   #3 
bamsuddenimpact

my critter keeper(i think thats what it is it square).
The two gallon is(don't use the airstone):
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=3107806
The 2.5 gallon is(filter taken out):
http://www.petco.com/product/113978/...t=FishFC_Tanks
Old 02-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #4 
bamsuddenimpact

anyone?
Old 02-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #5 
DragonFish

I, personally, would use the 3 gallon instead of the 2 gallon for one fish, keep the 2 gallon in reserve as a hospital tank/if you find another fishy friend that calls to you, and try to keep whichever tank isn't heated as warm as possible until you can afford a second heater. I've attempted dividing KKs, its NOT easy, if possible at all(I was unable to figure it out xD).
If you can, keep the unheated tank next to the heated one or by your computer(if you have a desktop)for a little extra warmth.

That's just my personal opinion though. If your up for the challenge of dividing the KK as opposed to waiting for another heater, then go for it. So long as you keep up with your water changes, I don't see a problem with it as a temporary housing option.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #6 
bamsuddenimpact

For the using the 2 gallon as a QT, it is round and hard to catch fish in so if anything, I would rather use the 3 as a QT and keep a healthy fish in a hard to catch tank haha thanks though. No desktop, just a laptop. And I am think of taking out the middle column since it only serves as a holder for the airstone which i don't use, so he will have a bit more room.