Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #21 
Aluyasha

I do not know what I would do if I had to live in an apartment that did not allow my cats. Lucky, my apartment allows my three cats. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #22 
Biomess

OldFishLady, my mother would love you! Actually, I do too! I would love to live out there, and it does seem like the animals know where to go to get help or else the people dumping them know that such and such a person will take them. Hence, why we keep getting cats dumped behind our house too.
On with the show! Hopefully they don't come through too big.
We also found that feral cats/kittens, once tamed make the best cats, they are the most friendliest to people and to other animals, though they are skittsh with strangers.
This is LitteBit, someone dumped her in the dead of winter when she was 3 months old.
Name:  DSCN3562.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  92.9 KB
This was Baby, she was put down last week at 16 years of age, very smart cat.
Name:  DSCN3144.jpg
Size:  98.8 KB
This is what the cats are doing inside, while we shovel snow from this big storm.
Name:  DSC00650.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  115.3 KB
We don't eat at this table by the way, just homework and stuff. These four are from the same litter, they have at least two different fathers, they came from feral parents. We have from the back-forward, Princess, Checkers, Snickerdoodle and Chihuahua-3 girls and 1 boy. Chihuahua is an exact replica of her father and Snickerdoodle is an exact duplicate of his father, diffrent cats.
Name:  DSCN3736.jpg
Size:  92.1 KB
This is Snarls Barklay (aka The Fuzz) another feral from the same mother, only him and his brother survived the litter, his brother was dark grey and white, no orange anywhere, they also had different fathers-cuz we had 3 diffrent male ferals running around and one was solid orange, one drk grey and white, the other orange and white. That momma sure got around.
Name:  DSCN3786.jpg
Size:  104.7 KB
This is pickles, someone dumped her in the snow, doesn't know there is a bigger box to sleep in.
Name:  DSC00242.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  100.6 KB
Yes, I know the difference between feral and a stray, big difference actually.
Biomess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #23 
Oldfishlady

So cute...I love pic of kittys...and so funny how they pick a spot to cat-nap....mine do the same thing...big cat+tiny box=great napping spot...laffs....and the sinks they love to curl up in a sink.....

We just got 10+ inches of snow and still snowing with gale force winds and even with the hay barn...being the crazy cat lady...most of my cats are in the house right now...more because I feel guilty and they did ask nice to come it...lol.....and even with a pretty big house...20+ cats inside...WOW......and every one of them want to sit in my lap and these are mostly wild cats...well...except with me and my hubby-but when my son comes out of his room(16yr old with an X-box online and no school) or a loud bang...they scatter.........most are laid out in front of the fireplace and here-there and yonder sleeping....I am nuts!...lol......but I love my kitty cats..but I sure will be glad when the weather clears so they can get back outside and so do they.....they like it outside much better......brought in 2 more litter boxes to add to the two I already had......the back bedroom works out for something good......cat feeding station and litter boxes....laffs.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #24 
Biomess

You are one of few that understand cats really can't take this type of weather, they weren't meant to survive outdoors 24/7, that really shortends their life span.
We have an attatched garage with a kitty door so they can get into the house if they want, otherwise they would howl and hang from the window on the door looking in at us to be let in.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #25 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
So cute...I love pic of kittys...and so funny how they pick a spot to cat-nap....mine do the same thing...big cat+tiny box=great napping spot...laffs....and the sinks they love to curl up in a sink.....

We just got 10+ inches of snow and still snowing with gale force winds and even with the hay barn...being the crazy cat lady...most of my cats are in the house right now...more because I feel guilty and they did ask nice to come it...lol.....and even with a pretty big house...20+ cats inside...WOW......and every one of them want to sit in my lap and these are mostly wild cats...well...except with me and my hubby-but when my son comes out of his room(16yr old with an X-box online and no school) or a loud bang...they scatter.........most are laid out in front of the fireplace and here-there and yonder sleeping....I am nuts!...lol......but I love my kitty cats..but I sure will be glad when the weather clears so they can get back outside and so do they.....they like it outside much better......brought in 2 more litter boxes to add to the two I already had......the back bedroom works out for something good......cat feeding station and litter boxes....laffs.....
I just love what you are doing by helping these cats that noboby wants anymore. I wish I had a big house so I could do it. Anytime I see a stray roaming the streets I want to take it home and care for it. I would probley go overboad though I have around 100! Then I would get arrested for hoarding cats lol Does you state have a limit to how many cats and/or dogs you could keep?
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #26 
Oldfishlady

They do within the city limits...but I am not within the city limits so I don't have to worry....I do wish people would be responsible and spay and neuter their pets.....I hate seeing animals suffer and starve to death....so cruel and sad.....I wish I could save them all.......

In my area they have a great program to spay and neuter low cost for anyone... more states should have this type of program for more than low income people......and more people would do it.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #27 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
They do within the city limits...but I am not within the city limits so I don't have to worry....I do wish people would be responsible and spay and neuter their pets.....I hate seeing animals suffer and starve to death....so cruel and sad.....I wish I could save them all.......

In my area they have a great program to spay and neuter low cost for anyone... more states should have this type of program for more than low income people......and more people would do it.....
I agree. Two of my cats I had neutered with a special program like that. I think I only paid $12 a cat. A lot of times I see people getting kittens cause they think they are so cute (which they are) but then when they get adults they get rid of them or drop them them off in the woods. It is really not fair that some people would be so selfish like that they would risk throwing away a life
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #28 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
I agree. Two of my cats I had neutered with a special program like that. I think I only paid $12 a cat. A lot of times I see people getting kittens cause they think they are so cute (which they are) but then when they get adults they get rid of them or drop them them off in the woods. It is really not fair that some people would be so selfish like that they would risk throwing away a life
My (kind of) uncle is like that. He gets a kitten and then hates it and dumps it at a shelter when it grows up. Why do people get so surprised when a kitten turns into a cat?
He is one of the few people I would like to slap. :/
Old 02-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #29 
Aluyasha

@Biomess: BTW, Baby is beautiful, I am sorry for your loss.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #30 
Biomess

Thank you Aluyash! She really was not fat, it's just the angle(yeah I say that about myself all the time) She had a good life, we got her when my dad's coworker couldn't keep her, we had her for 16 years so she must have been around 17. Other than her, all of the cats I've had throughout my life have been strays or tamed ferals. Ferals are the sweetest! You can pick them up and the just lay there and immediately start purring.