Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #31 
BeCkS

loveeee
BeCkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #32 
baylee767

We'll be at the end within 1-4 parts after this one (If I so feel, maybe it'll continue, but it will probably end soon). Here goes.

Part 8: The plan

I swam around a plant in circles over and over, thinking. If I gave myself up, then the wild Bettas would be safe! But then I'd have a terrible life, unable to cope with such small places after the rice paddy.

There was a chance that the feeders weren't looking for me. Maybe they saw some other Bettas that caught their eye, but that was unlikely. I stood out the most, after all. I was an amazing Betta of course. The best in the world because I was awesome. I swam another circle and noticed swimming was a bit difficult.

I sighed and started shaping my tail. I'd become so good and it my fins looked like that of a wild Bettas almost, except my dorsal I couldn't reach. And my pelvic fins were out of reach, too. After every trimming my fins grew back in slower and slower. It made me fear for losing one of my unique traits, but it also made me glad.

After biting my tail back I took off, feeling a sudden urge to let out energy. I saw several feeders, but I avoided them. I didn't find any Bettas and assumed that they were hiding in the center. I came to a cave similar to Longfin's and layed on a plant, lost in memories.

Suddenly a feeder flipped the rock with its huge hands. I wanted to run as fast as I could, but so fast I couldn't see it, the feeder swiped at me and surrounded me with a massive net. There was no where I could go. I swam in useless circles while the net slowely lifted. Soon I was crowding on the bottom, but it was too late, that too was lifted into air. I started gasping and thrashing, but wondered why it felt like I was wet.

Then I was in the cave again. It was a dream! Why did I lose touch with my surroundings so much? It will be the death of me if I don't get a hold of myself.

I fled the cave, felling uneasy. I slouched underneath a slab of rock nearby, and flared with astonishment. A feeders pair of hands flipped the cave, and a net was next to it. It was just like my dream. "Some coincidence." I marveled. I swam away before the feeder could see me.

I had a thought. A thought that morphed into an idea. An idea that morphed into a plan. I'm going to get rid of these feeders, and I know just how I'm going to do it. It will be hard... but it just might work...
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #33 
bettafreak33

So good!
bettafreak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #34 
bettamaniac

what happened to longfin? did he die?
bettamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #35 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettamaniac View Post
what happened to longfin? did he die?
It's all in the story, you could read it lol.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #36 
bettamaniac

Oh, I didnt see that the first time.
bettamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #37 
bettafish15

Just read the whole thing! Cant wait for more! :D Great job!
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #38 
gregoryk

baylee767 thanks for this really nice story!
Along with the others I am waiting for the next chapter
gregoryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #39 
baylee767

I keep on writing the next chapter and right when I'm almost done my computer has an update and shuts the window down >.< Here goes this time... Wait, for the story. In case you don't know, the lateral line is this line that fish have on their bodys that aren't visible, and they can sense movement in the water with it.

Part 9: A mysterious Betta

It was dark out, perfect for what I needed to do. I gazed up at the surface unwillingly, and rushed forward into a leap. "Come gather here under peace for a meeting!" I quickly shouted. I announced it a few more times, and soon Bettas started showing up.

When I told them I had a plan to defeat the catchers, they helped me call more Bettas, and together we attracted MANY Bettas. They all looked at me, somewhat confused, but ready to listen.

I told them about how it was my fault the catchers and grabbers were there, and they started stirring, but when I begin discussing me plan they all started nodding there heads and flaring. The more I told them, the more pleased they grew. Afterwards, I said, "Meet here morning in two days. Spread the news!" And watched them swim away eagerly.

I settled down on a plant when everyone left so I could think. If this plan fails, then I'll probably get captured, and the catchers will probably continue there attack on the rice paddy. But this plan's so good... it shouldnt fail, but if it does, I will have to-

"That was a brilliant plan Moontail." A smooth voice said. I twirled around with shock, I hadn't sensed this Betta with my lateral line. A female with a bright copper body hovering over me.

"Who are you?" I asked. The female just chuckled and swished her tail, moonlight reflecting her copper.

"My name... is not important." She said. "I have come to congradulate you on your thinking. You will save the Bettas by doing this. Now, I must go." I wanted to protest, Bettas don't NEED to go anywhere.

I was too late, the female turned around and disappeared into the shadows of the night.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #40 
fishman12

Oh, wow. Hope you can get the next part before your computer goes wacky again...
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote