turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #52 
BettasAreBomb

awsome!!!! i love this
BettasAreBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #53 
baylee767

Part 12: Teritories

A week later, the catchers who had been massing on shore started coming in. If they had grabbers, any Betta who saw them would attack, and soon the catchers with the grabbers stopped coming.

I noticed a copper flash out of the corner of my eye, and Goldheart appeared. "I believe that the catchers that were destroying us are gone, and it might be safe." She said. For some reason, it appeared as if she was hungry even though she was well fed.

"This is great! We should celebrate!" I said. I flared and darted forward for almost a foot and I turned around. The whole world was blurry, except for a pristine copper Betta. Goldheart seemed frozen amoungst movement, except for her graceful strokes through the water. I shook my head stop seeing things. There's nothing wierd about her.

Goldheart just chuckled and started to swim away, but then she stopped. "Comeback here tonight", and she was gone.

"Right, I'll just catch some flies." I muttered.

Later on at night, Goldheart was waiting. Once again she seemed different, as if new life was pulsing through her. "Moontail, have you found a territory?" She said. It sounded so much like Longfin I had to laugh. "Well, you should. You might have survived all this time without one, but you're just a sitting duck if you don't."

I thought and said, "Come with me." She looked startled, and I realized how I sounded. "No, I meant to where I choose my territory so you can judge it." She nodded her head, and I led her to a spot. This spot I KNEW well, and wanted badly.

Eventually we stopped, and I bowed my head at a cave on this spot. "What are you doing?" Goldheart asked, looking quite confused.

"You said once that you watched me. As you might have noticed, this was my tutor Longfin's cave. He was a great Betta." I stared at the opening, which I once swam so uncertainly through. "I would like thihs to be my territory."

Goldheart started examining all the plants in the area. She hesitated and swam into the cave, I could just barely here her mutter, "This thing is huge." I waited, staying silent and just staring at Longfins cave. "This is a great territory." Galdheart called as she popped out of the cave.

"I guess I should try to make a bubblenest then." I said. Goldheart nodded like it wasn't a big deal, but I'd never done it before. I swam to the surface and tried to blow a bubble, but I couldn't. I tried over and over again and didn't succeed. Then I looked down, and with Goldheart staring expectantly, I began to make a bubblenest.

I shall make the biggest bubblenest this rice paddy has ever seen!
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #54 
turtle10

Yay! I love it can't wait for more, it is really getting good :).
Old 02-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #55 
baylee767

I couldn't resist...

Part 13: Bubblenest

I worked for days, barely paying attention to anything around me. I didn't eat, sleep, or jump. The whole time I sensed Goldheart watching, and it made me work all the harder.

When I finished, I noticed several Bettas staring in awe at my work. I myself froze, I didn't realize how large I had gotten it. This bublenest, it was nearly 4 yards... It covered all of my territory and more.

Goldheart swam up to me. "How...?" She seemed speachless. I noticed some females started flaring at me and making s shapes with their bodies and darting around to get my attention. I just stared at Goldheart, SHE was why I'd done all this. Suddenly, like a great firey inferno, information suddenly exploded in my head. When I saw Goldheart... I wanted nothing more than to protect her from the world, to chase, to... flare.

Other Bettas quickly left when it was obvious I was finished. I stared at Goldheart again, and I flared. I yelled, I zipped through the water, and I jumped and flew through the air. I felt like a fry again, and it was Goldheart who I wanted to be with. I started to chase her, and at first she seemed confused. Then she started zipping around, and we playfully chased eachother. In both of our eyes pure joy was glaring. Then I realized why she had seemed so different.

Eggs. She had eggs... just waiting for someone to hatch them. And I was going to be that someone! I chased her under my bubblenest, and I showed her what I wanted with body language, I flared and made an s with my body, and she began to show signs to me, too. I swam over to her and did what I knew I was destined to, I embraced her.

__________________________________________________ ________________

20 years later

The rock had seen much, had been there since the dawn of time itself. It remebered being miles underwater, in a salty, dark place, where giant titans battled above. It remebered the water drying and strange insects munching on the vines that grew over it, and then strange reptiles and droughts, it remembered giant meat eating agile two legged things, then the great explosion that sent it miles away from its original spot and made it tiny. The rock remembered freezing times and strange creatures, two legged things appearing, and then once again being covered in water as a mere home for fish. It remembered the story of the little white fish who defeated the two legged creatures, and of it's legendary bubblenest, and it lived in the rock. After it had died the other fish had somehow marked the story of him into the rock.

Then, a little fry. Just a Betta fry, barely old enough for color to show. He was fiercly hunting down insects, and attacking minnows with strange fierocity. Something was different about this little fry, something familiar to the rock. Its scales were white.

THE END

__________________________________________________ _______________

I'm sorry, don't yell at me lol (Had that happen once when I ended a story before) I pasted the whole thing, just the story, on microsoft word, and it was 13 pages! Wierd coincidence... but it was still long. Hey... I actually might consider working on a story to publish as my mom is friends with a few publishers...
Old 02-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #56 
turtle10

OMG…. I am speechless. The ending gave me chills!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #57 
baylee767

Lol thanks. Me and my creepy endings c=

Just noticed nearly 1000 views 0.0
Old 02-20-2011, 09:17 AM   #58 
HayrideHaunter

oooooooh I like how you use the rock in the ending =)
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #59 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
Lol thanks. Me and my creepy endings c=

Just noticed nearly 1000 views 0.0
Not surprised, this story ended up being amazing!
Old 02-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #60 
gregoryk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
...I pasted the whole thing, just the story, on microsoft word, and it was 13 pages! Wierd coincidence... but it was still long. Hey... I actually might consider working on a story to publish as my mom is friends with a few publishers...
I am a film producer and I liked the way you write. It's not the kind of thing we do but you've definitely got talent!
Keep it up, try to get your story published and don't accept NO for an answer.
Beautiful story baylee767!
gregoryk is offline   Reply With Quote