Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2011, 05:54 AM   #1 
Titus Flame

Big Storm this week

Are any of you being affected/ going to be affected by this storm? I could get quite a bit of snow out of this one.

Tonight: A chance of snow after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 11. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tuesday: Snow. High near 25. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tuesday Night: Snow before 1am, then snow and sleet. Low around 21. Light north wind. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Wednesday: Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 10am, then freezing rain and sleet. High near 32. Calm wind becoming north between 4 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow likely, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 12. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

NOAA's forecast for my location.
Titus Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:57 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

We're supposed to get freezing rain from that storm.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:04 AM   #3 
bloo97

I think i'm getting rain. Lemme check.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.

Thursday: A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.

Thursday Night: A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.

Friday: A 50 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.

Friday Night: A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday: A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 47. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.

Last edited by bloo97; 01-31-2011 at 07:07 AM.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:57 AM   #4 
ChicagoPete

Heres Chicagos Forcast from TheWeatherChannel.

Local Text Forecast for
Des Plaines, IL (60016)

Jan 31 TodayIntermittent light snow or snow showers becoming steadier late. High 23F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 80%.

Jan 31 TonightSnow this evening will taper off to light snow late. Low 19F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.

Feb 1 TomorrowWindy with snow of varying intensity. The snow is more likely to accumulate during the afternoon. High 24F. Winds NE at 20 to 30 mph. Snow accumulating 1 to 2 inches.

Feb 1 Tomorrow nightSnowy and windy. Snow will become heavy at times overnight. Significant blowing and drifting snow. Low 19F. Winds NE at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Significant snow accumulation possible.

Feb 2 WednesdayMostly cloudy, windy with snow at times. Highs in the mid 20s and lows in the low single digits.
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:29 PM   #5 
SaylorKennedy

Are you sure ChicagoPete?
My hometown and family still live up by Rockford and I was just sent an email that said 12-18" of snow. That's what I've heard all weekend too.

I'm supposed to get 12" here at my school.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:42 PM   #6 
ChicagoPete

OhHH SHEEEoooTttttt Im gunna keep a watch on the weather channel on tv and see what they say.. Rockford I beleve is an hour or two away from Des Plaines.
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:45 PM   #7 
Kethlas

Ice and rain around Baltimore, ugh. I hope my boss lets me out before there's 3 inches of ice on the road this time...
Kethlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:22 PM   #8 
Titus Flame

Winter Storm Warning

... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TUESDAY TO 6 AM EST THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW... SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TUESDAY TO 6 AM EST THURSDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* LOCATIONS: SOUTHEAST CATSKILLS... MID HUDSON VALLEY AND NORTHWESTERN CONNECTICUT.

* HAZARDS: HEAVY SNOW... SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.

* ACCUMULATIONS: SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ON TUESDAY 4 TO 8 INCHES... FOLLOWED BY LITTLE SNOW ACCUMULATION TUESDAY EVENING... AND ANOTHER 2 TO 6 INCHES LATE TUESDAY NIGHT. SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATIONS ON WEDNESDAY ARE EXPECTED TO BE 2 TO 6 INCHES WITH A TENTH TO A THIRD OF AN INCH OF ICE... FOLLOWED BY AN ADDITIONAL INCH OF SNOW WEDNESDAY NIGHT. TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS WILL GENERALLY RANGE FROM 8 TO 16 WITH ISOLATED AMOUNTS UP TO 20 INCHES IN THE SOUTHEAST CATSKILLS.

* TIMING: SNOW WILL SPREAD ACROSS THE AREA EARLY TUESDAY MORNING... AND BECOME OCCASIONALLY MODERATE TO HEAVY THROUGH TUESDAY. PRECIPITATION WILL TAPER OFF TO OCCASIONAL LIGHT SNOW TUESDAY EVENING... THEN BECOME HEAVY AGAIN WEDNESDAY... MIXING WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN... THEN CHANGING BACK TO SNOW BEFORE TAPERING OFF LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

* IMPACTS: SNOW COVERED ROADS AND POOR VISIBILITY... CREATING EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS. ICE ACCUMULATIONS COULD CAUSE ISOLATED POWER OUTAGES.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... SLEET... AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

&&
Titus Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:58 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Our winter weather advisory was cancelled. Yay! We're still getting rain, though.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:24 PM   #10 
bloo97

I love weather...
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote