Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2011, 09:42 AM   #1 
danifacetastic

Relationship Legnth

If you feel like sharing....what's your shortest and longest relationship and how long have you been with the person you're currently in a relationship with if you're not single.

My shortest relationship was a guy named Joey. I dated him for like a month in the 7th grade and in the 9th grade he wanted to try things again. We started dating in 1st period gym and then I realized I only said yes cause I didn't know how to say no and dumped him in a note after 2nd period (an hour and a half later). So my shortest relationship is an hour and a half.

My longest relationship is a guy named Milton. We started dating on August 9, 2009 and stopped dating on December 21, 2010. Roughly a year and 4 months. Things were good for a while but we both started changing and it wasn't right.

I've been dating the guy I'm with now (John) since January 14th, 2010. We were kind of FWB before but we dated during my sophomore year. We dated for about 9 months and now we're back together lol. We broke up because we were both too immature for each other and doing more harm than good. Now that we've both matured it's great.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #2 
SmokeNLark

I am in my second relationship now. My first one lasted 10 months and ended cause he couldn't put forth the time and effort anymore. He was having problems at home and handled it really horribly. That was in my junior year.

My current relationship has been for a little over 7 months. I am a sophomore in college now. It's going good, he just needs to learn how to control his anger better.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:42 AM   #3 
danifacetastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeNLark View Post
I am in my second relationship now. My first one lasted 10 months and ended cause he couldn't put forth the time and effort anymore. He was having problems at home and handled it really horribly. That was in my junior year.

My current relationship has been for a little over 7 months. I am a sophomore in college now. It's going good, he just needs to learn how to control his anger better.
I know what you mean with anger problems lol. My bf has terrible anger problems and holds grudges against others very easily.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:04 PM   #4 
ThePearlFish

My one and only relationship is the one I am in with my BF now. We have been together for about 5 yrs now. I met him when I was 18 and he was 28. So, even though we have an age difference between us, it is more the fact that he has very specific views on certain subjects and has the anger issue where he throws temper tantrums like a child and thinks he can say whatever the heck he wants when he is in a mood is the big problem between us. I love him a LOT of course, but sometimes I just dunno what to do with him when he gets like that.

Apparently, he told me once his longest relationships haven't gone past a few months or so, so that says a lot about what he thinks about me, but he needs to shape up at times, he is a big boy! :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #5 
SmokeNLark

Quote:
Originally Posted by danifacetastic View Post
I know what you mean with anger problems lol. My bf has terrible anger problems and holds grudges against others very easily.
Yeah. mine grew up in really bad conditions, so I know thats why. But its no excuse. He's trying though. I hope it keeps getting better. And I hope yours does too.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #6 
Abby

hmmm lets see....shortest i couldnt tell you i have kinda blocked HS out haha. i WAS engaged for an entire 7 months but he was too under his parents thumb. my currentt relationship is coming up on 4 yrs but hes a little jealous when i hang out with male friends and such. he angers easily and over LITTLE things....kinda drives me up the wall
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #7 
SmokeNLark

Not to say that I'm glad that other people have problems, but It's nice to say I'm not the only one with a guy who has anger problems.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #8 
Abby

LOL my god heres a good example. I mentioned that im sick of living with his father (hes 24 and lies with his dad) and that i wanted to move out. lately ive become depressed and suffering from insomnia. if im lucky ill get four hours a night sleep. he knows all this and i said i wanted to move out and he took it for me to say i dont want to live with him. he says WE cant move till he can afford it (AFTER he sets up his on-going costing reef tank, pay his credit card off and get a car) he reckons a year and a half. I doubt i can live here that mch longer without falling into a heavier depression....Hence my new obsession with Bettas. He wont deny me much to do with them because he knows itwould be a massive deal breaker. here theres three dogs and a cat. one dog (4 mth oldstaffy pup) and the cat (almost a yr old) have been with us since just after we moved in, ive pretty much raised both not working im the only one home through the day to feed and toilet train the dog, and NONE of the animals are MINE. the cats a "family cat" but im the one to bath the pup to walk the pup and one of the other dogs (the third dog doesnt walk) and im fed up with looking after his dads animals. so i want my own place, under MY OWN rules (im not alowed to even have friends over because its not my place) where i can have MY OWN animals.... but he just argues and fights the point.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:05 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

You shouldn't have to put up with not being able to do this or that because he says so. I can understand, though, living in his house. It would be much better for you and less stressful, to have your own place.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #10 
bloo97

My longest one was with a woman named Francesca, and we lasted 5 months. I can't remember my shortest one. lol
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote