Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2011, 09:56 AM   #1 
Littlebittyfish

Anubias questions

Has anyone ever accidentally killed an anubias plant? I bought one last week and it looked real pretty and it is attached to a lavarock, however over the last couple of days i have noticed it is getting reeal dark spots on the leaves. Could I be killing it somehow? I haven't added any plant fertilizer to my tank yet, but it is only 1 week old (the plant). I also was curious if anubias plants can be attached to other rocks that are smooth? Like river stones? If anyone has any other tips and advice on anubias it would be greatly appreciated, I love the plant it is pretty and i want to buy more, but i want to figure out if i can keep the one alive first.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #2 
Lion Mom

Have you tried to rub the spots off? Anubius is such a slow grower, it is prone to getting algae on it.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #3 
Cravenne

I second the algae. Take one out and trying rubbing it off...if the leaf isn't broken or thinning, it's just algae. The older leaves do tend to get dark algae..nothing to worry about.

You can attach Anubias to anything :)
Cravenne is offline   Reply With Quote