Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2011, 08:24 PM   #1 
naturegirl243

Snail care??

I did not really know what to put this under but I know alot of you have snails.So I rescued two snails from Meijer one has a little green on his shell and I don't really know how to clean it off of if it will come off it's not his coloring there regular tanks are overstocked and dirty dirty dirty!The othe one I belive I might have cracked his shell he kind of fell into the temp tank and he might have had it before but he has a crack and there is like black stuff coming out.So they are mystery snails and I don't know coloring but they are maybe albino???I will take pictures soon.....but right now I have them in a 2.5 gal. that litterally is empty accept for water and ummmm what should I feed them I put a piece of lettuce in there on a clip so they can get to it cause it's on the base of the tank but they don't seem interested in it.I read that cucumbers are there favorite but seeing as I hate them I didn't have any in the house.Any other snail keep tips I have never had one.eventually they will live with the bettas I just want to QT for a little while now.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:37 PM   #2 
baylee767

http://www.applesnail.net/content/faq.php - LOOOOOOOOTS of info... pretty much everything you need to know about mystery snails.

Oh, and since you were wondering, I'd put snail threads under compatability since that's where we discuss Betta tankmates.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:43 PM   #3 
naturegirl243

Thanks!I feel so bad for the one with the cracked shell I am pretty sure it's from when I dropped him in the tank he did not hit that hard but you can tell these guys are not in the best of health therefore they have weaker shells.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote