Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #21 
Oldfishlady

It can be risky mixing any products together...the grey patches sound like it could be excessive slime coat from irritation or it could be columnaris brought on by stress and high water temps.....hard to say without a clear pic...sorry...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #22 
ChicagoPete

That sounds more like a fungus infection not ick to me?? But did you also check the experation date. Just because you baught it doesn't mean it hasn't been on the store shelf for more then a year or two. Ive had problems before with purchasing expired stuff from the store.
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #23 
maycausedeath

OFL - I'll try to update with a clear picture later tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to find the camera.

I'm on day 4 of the recommended 5 day treatment, aka one of the days without adding medicine. Do you think I should stop and not finish the treatment?

ChicagoPete - That's what I was thinking, but none of the patches are fuzzy anything. The whole "disintegrating fins" thing sounded awfully alike though.

I checked the expiration date and it's good until august 2013, so I should be fine. Smart thinking though, I'll have to remember to do that when I shop in the future.
maycausedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #24 
maycausedeath

Sorry, the edit button isn't there for some reason.

Is it possible that he was just blanching grey from the stress of being netted? I went to check on him and the holes and his fins and raggedness are still there all right, but the grey seems to be gone. This fits with me not noticing the grey until after I changed his water earlier today too. Of course it may just be that the lighting makes it less obvious.
maycausedeath is offline   Reply With Quote