Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #1 
Abby

Angry Darn heat!

ok you all (well most of you) are over seas from me (im in Australia) talk in Fahrenheit so after using a converter your tanks are 76-86 fahrenheit, thats 24-30 degrees for aussies. now to the point were currently in summer so for the last three months its been cold wet hot dry cold flood etcetc, today and yesterday were HOT im talking 30+ degrees cel. i peeked at neros thermometer earlier and groaned he was registering close to 35 degrees (95 fahrenheit for out of Aust.) and so i tossed a few ice cubes in a ziplock bg and currently floating them in his tank. hes down to bout 28 degrees (bout 82.5 fahrenheit) so im monitoring him earlier he was right at the bottom of his tank under his moss belly touching the bottom, after adding the ice bag hes resting ontop of the moss closer to the ice lol.. so far dastans tanks cooler but its closer to the fan and window, in the air flow. but if he heats up ill ice bag him too...but i dont want to risk wrecking his 7cm wide bubble nest hes built.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #2 
HayrideHaunter

I hope you fix it up in time!

Off-topic: my friend James lives in Melbourne o.o
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:09 AM   #3 
Abby

i have to be careful how much ice goes in so i dont drop his temp too fast or too low. but he seems happier

off topic: i have friends in texas, canada and all over usa
Old 02-02-2011, 12:13 AM   #4 
HayrideHaunter

I getcha...I'm sure he'll be okay!

OT: I only know James...I live in NY...but yeah he came here for a year of highschool, graduated, then went back. AH MISS HIM. I plan on going to visit in the next couple years =3
also...its summer in australia innit? well...summer weather...i dunno if you guys call it winter still....gah brain hurts. Anywho i find it amusing cuz not only am i sittin in my toasty room while i hope the predicted blizzard cancels my classes, but I'm talking to you at 1AM on wednesday morning...and if i remember itll be something like late wednesday night for you, if not thursday morning?
Old 02-02-2011, 12:14 AM   #5 
HayrideHaunter

scuse my ramble...huge time zone diffs fascinate me >.<
Old 02-02-2011, 12:19 AM   #6 
Abby

it is currently 5:18pm Wednesday evening
Old 02-02-2011, 12:42 AM   #7 
Jupiter

I must admit that I'm really happy that I live in Canada. It's pretty easy to warm something up, but it's very hard to cool something down imo. Good luck with your fish.

But eek, 30 degrees? We get that in the summer, and sometimes warmer too, but I hate it! Right now it's -22 outside but my fish are at a nice 25/26 degrees.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:25 AM   #8 
Abby

yup its pretty horrid ive done three ice bag changes now today on Neros tank but he looks happier hes hanging close to the ice bag lol. i wont change it till tomorrow before i go out if i go out i havent decided yet.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:38 AM   #9 
LittleBettaFish

We hit 40 degrees a couple of days ago, but none of my tanks were affected by the change in temperature (even if my room felt like the tropics). My heaters just turned themselves off for the day and I wilted away at work.

Sounds like you're doing everything right with the fan and ice, and hopefully the big heatwave goes away. This time of year always makes me nervous about bushfires.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #10 
Abby

Im not so worried bout fires as i am the snakes and such outside but MY GOD i cant function with so much heat