Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #11 
BeCkS

yeah ummm, I think youre getting "they like eachother" mixed up with "They wanna kill eachother" lol
Like what Abby said "Two weeks AT YOUR PLACE for conditioning then at least three days next to each other (still seperate) before you put them together" is probably your best option...unless you want your female turned into betta food..
Old 02-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #12 
jschristian44

why would he kill her?
Old 02-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #13 
GienahClarette

Bettas are really aggressive. Breeding them sometimes results in death for one of the pair.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #14 
jschristian44

oh i think you guys are getting mixed up. i have a glass vase inside the spawning tank. when i put the female in, my male was flaring his fins like crazy and swimming around like crazy. then he'd come up to her and flare his fins at her. its exactly what i saw in the breeding betta videos. but yeah i seperated them now and im not gonna add them for another 2 weeks or so just to make sure she is good and rested. but the way he shipped her was amazing, she had plenty of warmth and it only took 2 days. please add to your postings, i spent good money on her and i dont want her dying. but yeah, i didnt put her directly into the spawning tank like you guys thought. i had her safe in teh glass jar. they were just going really crazy because my betta has been lonely forever.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #15 
jschristian44

yeah he seemed really aggressive when he was flaring his fins, thats just because he was lonely forever. if he attacked her too hard when i released her in a few days i would definately take her out. but i dont think they would kill each other fast enough for me to not catch her.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #16 
Abby

no if u release the female and both are not ready she could get REALLY hurt
Old 02-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #17 
BeCkS

^ i did that once....man was I stupid lol, female survived...barely
Old 02-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #18 
jschristian44

i know if they arent ready and i put them together she will get really hurt. but she already has the white egg on her pelvis, and shes already standing on her head. im gonna wait til the male makes his bubble nest and release her. the seller said she is ready to breed and it does look like she is. if he hurts her too much i will definately take her out trust me.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #19 
BeCkS

the white egg? dont all female bettas have that, ready to breed or not? my females right now have it... and they arent ready to breed
Old 02-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #20 
Abby

im sorry but someone has to say it. your.......i cant even bring my self to insult your intelligence.... you ASKED for advice your GETTING advice yet your just going to do your own thing anyway. what is the point of asking then going against all the advice.
Closed Thread