Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #1 
Ashley Barrix

Heater Search.

I've recently got a Aquatics Mini Aquarium Kit that's 1 gallon. It included a lighted hood with 5W bulb, an easy feed food window, an under gravel filteration stystem, an airstone, a quiet single outlet air pump, Two decorative plants, a decorative rock, and a seamless construction that eliminates leakage. This was bought from our local Meijer. I noticed that it didn't come with a heater which is needed if I want to buy a betta. Can I get some help with finding a heater for this thing? The person who bought this tank for me didn't know that I needed a heater for the type of fish I want. I can't find a picture of it on the internet either.
Ashley Barrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #2 
CjRager89

do you mean this one....?
CjRager89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #3 
Ashley Barrix

No, it's not the one I have. I decided to risk grabbing my dad's new camera to upload a photograph of the aquarium the person bought me. He doesn't like when I don't ask permission and he's not home right now.

Last edited by Ashley Barrix; 02-02-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #4 
Ashley Barrix

Bump...
Old 02-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #5 
wallywestisthebest333

Can you order online or get a parent or friend or a friend's parent (or one of your aunts or uncles or a grandparent) to order something online for you? if so THE BEST PLACE to buy a heater right now is from www.bigalsonlince.com !!! As you can see when you get to the front page and watch the adds fro about 30 seconds or so you should see an add that states that ALL heaters are 75% off!!! <3

I just got two Hydor Theo heaters (highly recommended on this sight but you can get whatever brand you want), a 25 watt (good for up to 7 gallons) and a 50 watt (good for up to 15 gallons)! =] The 25 watt is only $9.99!!!!

At any petstore a 25 watt heater (if you can find them, most stores only sell 50 watts and up now) cost about $35.00!!!

You DEFINITELY wanna buy from Big Al's! =] The shipping was fast too! =] So you should have your heater in no time! =]

Hope this helped you! =] Also I'd go here for a GREAT deal on a 5 gallon tank! =] It's EXACTLY like the one you have only bigger and with a MUCH better filter! =]

I'm not sure about their shipping though as I've never ordered from them but a user named LionMom has and she said the place was legit and that she loves the tank! =] You'll want to throw out the cave and plant though or use them in a neon tetra or guppie tank as a betta will get stuck in the cave and rip their fins on the plant.

Good luck! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #6 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Ashley Barrix ,

I have a tank almost exactly like yours... one gallon size. I was able to fit a Tetra 2-15 (50watt) heater in there... but I am not using the filtration, so I have a little more room...

The Tetra seems to be keeping my one gallon at 78F in a room with a low temp of 65F...but couldn't 'cut it' in the 5 gallon I bought it for! I couldn't reccomend this heater because although it's functioning (sort of), it's not adjustable.

I was looking at mini-heaters today and saw this:
http://www.aquariumguys.com/miniheater.html. I have no direct experiance with Hydor, and I have not dealt with this online dealer... so, buyer beware!

I have bought Marineland Heaters and am very happy with the Stealth Pro shatter-proof '30' I got for my 5 gallon.
http://www.marineland.com/sites/Mari...=1223&mid=3226
That link brings you to the marineland heater page. If you scroll down, you'll see they carry mini-heaters.

Finally, here is a selection of mini-heaters.
http://www.amazon.com/Marineland-Sha...m/B00176DUEY/2

I would advise reading up on the specs of each heater, to find the one that will work the best for your needs. Bear in mind that with adjustable heaters, you can compensate for wide room temperture/tank tempeture changes, and change the settings year round to minimize temp stress in your fish.

Good luck in your search!
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #7 
xoerikae

would the 25 watt be ok for a small tank, like 2.5? it says only 5-10 :/
xoerikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #8 
wallywestisthebest333

yeah it's ok for small tanks! =] I've had a 25 watt in my 1 gallon forever and it's doing fine! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #9 
xoerikae

ORDERINNNGGGG
im thinking about getting a cute decoration or something to make the shipping worth it. i dont even have a tank yet. is that pitiful?
possibly.
xoerikae is offline   Reply With Quote