Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #1 
Lordsameth

Flying Betta!

When cleaning Biscotti's tank, I typically use a ladle to scoop water out. Well, today I accidentally caught the curious fish in it. I held him slightly above his tank, interested in the poor fish and his turning about in confusion. Then, he got a brilliantly stupid idea, and launched himself out of the ladle and smacked himself into the side of his tank and splashing below. LOL. He's taken to jumping for his pellets, and when he gets REALLY bored, he will jump at his reflection in the filter baffle, which is sooooo funny. My fish truly loves to fly.

How about yours, does your Betta like to jump?
Lordsameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #2 
SmokeNLark

Silly fish :p

I have a couple that like to. Jazz jumps when I feed him. Buster will jump whenever I put my finger above the water and he will grab food off my finger. Skye is the weird one. I was teaching him to jump, but ever since the first time he did it, he's turned a little crazy. He'll now snatch his food and swim like a nut all over his tank unless my finger is near the pellet. lol. And he'll jump at my finger. Last water change, I thought he was gonna jump out of his tank before I could get him in the cup :p
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #3 
bloo97

Dragon does little 'Hops' when I hold the food above his tank. x3

Quote:
I have a couple that like to. Jazz jumps when I feed him. Buster will jump whenever I put my finger above the water and he will grab food off my finger. Skye is the weird one. I was teaching him to jump, but ever since the first time he did it, he's turned a little crazy. He'll now snatch his food and swim like a nut all over his tank unless my finger is near the pellet. lol. And he'll jump at my finger. Last water change, I thought he was gonna jump out of his tank before I could get him in the cup :p
Maybe you could teach him to jumpin the cup for waterchanges. LOL
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #4 
SmokeNLark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloo97 View Post
Maybe you could teach him to jumpin the cup for waterchanges. LOL
haha, that would be awesome
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #5 
Jinx

Actually, that sounds like something I'd do if I was a fish. The smack in the face would probably hurt really bad and I'd swim away embarrassed. LOL. There's no way your fish couldn't have been embarrassed by that.
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #6 
Lordsameth

He is such a goof. I'm glad he didn't miss and end up behind furniture or something. I have a concrete floor, he lands on it, he's dead from cold shock and impact.
Lordsameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #7 
Jupiter

Jumpers are so crazy. I used to have a girl who'd jump for food all the time. She'd launch herself from one side of the tank to the other to steal the other girls' food. Or she'd jump up and bite me if I didn't feed her quickly.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #8 
BettasForever

Haha! My fish does the SAME thing! But he tried hopping out of the net one day I was cleaning his tank. He landed on the cold, hard tile... but didn't die :D
BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #9 
ChicagoPete

Thank you for choosing Betta Airways please place all your carryon luggage either under your seats or in the storage cabnets above you. Please turn off all Cellphones laptops and pagers untill we have taken of and you have been told its safe to turn them back on. Please fasten your seatbelts and keep them on untill after takeoff when the pilot shuts off the fasten seatbelt sign. Thank you. ^.^
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote