Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #31 
bloo97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutt007 View Post
Bloom will swim up to the tank and blow a bubble for me when he sees me. :)
D'aww! I wish my fish would do that...
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #32 
redbettagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekemom View Post
Love your pet's name, RedBettaGirl - there's got to be a story behind that one...
Not too much of a story. I thought he was very dignified and fancy (as all bettas are) and wanted a name to match. I watched Disney's "The Sword and the Stone." The wise owl's name is Archimedes. I thought it was perfect!

If you ask my husband, however, he'll insist that our fish is named after the Greek mathematician/physicist.
redbettagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #33 
bloo97

Lol cute name. :P
Old 02-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #34 
LittleNibbles93

Nibbles would eat his food with "manners", like he was eating at some formal high-class prim and proper party, while the rest of my fish engulfed they're food (they loved food). He'd try to nibble on my nails if I put my fingers in the water.

He seemed to like the current flow of the filter, it never ruined his fins or tail. He would repeatedly swim to the surface where the water came back into the tank and just let the current push him down.
LittleNibbles93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:35 AM   #35 
windfire

Apsolem has discovered the joys of mosquito larvae and now begs for them as its the only thing he'll eat i guess i'm going to be hovering around the fountain catching them with a dishing up spoon hehe. he gets really cocky after he eats them and will swim all over the tank like "did you see me i caught it and it was alive and then bam! i ate it" lol. then he'll have a few mock charges at the white clouds and go hide in his mountain. he also likes to lie on the gravel in the bottom corner closest to my bed and stare at me, i wonder what he's thinking lol

ares will dance for me at the corner and only builds a bubble nest if i've sat at my desk, the longer i sit at my desk the bigger the nest. he's my special boy lol. if i dont sit at my desk i get no nest and he sulks.
windfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #36 
Opiomorphus

Sleeping

My little betta Cetus has a comfy cave in his tank, but my tank is also well planted. I have lots of money wort and some other plants in there. He loves to fall asleep while resting on top of the money wort or the big leafed plants. The money wort is mashed together in a way that almost makes it look like a hammock when he's resting on it. So cute!
Opiomorphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:32 AM   #37 
mynameiskcdc

My little Philson always greets me with lots of excited wiggles when I come into the room. He will watch me when I study and follow me around the room. When at my desk, he stays at the front of his tank, but when I go to bed he will follow me and swim on the right side of his tank. I am always greeted in the morning with a big bubble nest in the top right hand corner of his tank. He spends the night making them. He also likes to jump for his food. When I put my finger on his tank he will swim away really fast and then slowly swim back towards it and eventually come up to it and "kiss" it. He's a funny little man and a great friend. So glad to have him :)
mynameiskcdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #38 
NightxFury

Trublion gets super excited whenever I or my roommate starts moving around the room, but I think my favorite thing is that he'll follow my finger around the bowl and then, if I put it just above the water, he'll jump up and nip at it. I have to be careful though, sometimes he startles me and I don't want to yank him out of the bowl. XD
NightxFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #39 
bloo97

Cute fishes! :D
Old 02-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #40 
andama08

Haha, Hermes will always swim up to the front of the tank when I get in the room. He does a little happy dance when I watch him, and will flare at my finger. He does silly things all the time, sometimes he will lay on the leaves of the little plant I have in there for him, or wedge himself between the glass and the leaves, then shimmy his way out. And then there are times when I am at my desk doing homework and he just sits and watches me...kinda creepy lol :]
andama08 is offline   Reply With Quote