Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #1 
Creat

Exclamation Choaking fry!

I have a little guy who grew bigger then the rest partioned off but I cleaned the tank today a few hours ago but now he looks like he is choaking on a piece of hair algea I assume there was a micro worm in it that he tried to eat but now has hair algea sticking out of his gills and mouth and is on the bottom gasping. I tried to remove as much as I could with tweezers but its still in his gills. He just started coloring up too so in parts I can still see it inside of him. :( Please help me what can I do for him. His water temp is 80*
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

That bites....dang...if it is wrapped around anything vital removing or pulling it out could kill the fish.....I have had this happen as well....or kinda...anyway...with mine nothing vital was impeded so when I removed it with tweezers the fish was fine-one looked like it had hair algae in its mouth and it couldn't eat and the other one had what appeared to be a hard object sticking out of its side....both successfully removed with tweezers and lived....its a chance either way to remove or leave it......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote