Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #1 
BettasForever

Comet Update: New water!

Yes, I have been using Zephyrhills Bottled Water for Comet until I realized that the 3 betta fish I had when I was very little lived over a year with tap water and Top Fin Betta Water Conditioner. Ah. My parents don't believe in water changes, they think that you can 'slack a day' with water. NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.
Since I am young and they don't know how much I know about fish, they think that one or two days doesn't matter. When the water was looking as cloudy as it was 15 minutes ago, I had to convince my mom and dad that the water was DISGUSTING. He finally cleaned it with me. We are now letting the water run with the chlorine water conditioner, and Comet is in his little betta cup. Before that, Comet had weird looking fins so I put him in his cup and marched over to Petsmart. (I looked ridiculous.) The lady at the counter gave me a weird look, so I just though, "Whatever." I told her that Comet's fins are looking raggedy and that she should take a look. She did. She asked me if he was a tail biter, I said no. She asked me if he was with any other tank mates, I said no. She said that he was maturing and would change colors over time. Cool! I couldn't wait to see what colors he had to show me. Maybe he could be a marble, you never know. Anyways, Comet is doing fine. He's finally better, not hanging out by the bottom anymore. Hope you guys are all doing well. Have a great the-rest-of-the-week, lol!
BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #2 
Pekemom

Okay, so the moral of the story is do frequent water changes? Is that what helped heal his fins? Good for you to teach your parents good fish care!!
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #3 
Goomba3

Haha, I would have taken him over to the pet store, too! I'm glad you changed his water, and I hope he shows some awesome colors in the future.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #4 
BettasForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekemom View Post
Okay, so the moral of the story is do frequent water changes? Is that what helped heal his fins? Good for you to teach your parents good fish care!!
Well, yes, and I was just posting it for fun, lol! His fins really actually had no problem. And yes, haha. Trying to teach them about fish is tough, haha.

Goomba3: I called Petsmart prior to bringing him there, and the lady recommended getting a fin product, can't remember the name. Then when I took him in the other lady said he was fine. So, yeah, I hope he does get some cool colors! I don't mind the ones he has now... :)
BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote