Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #11 
bettalover2033

@Darkangel216: Well Houdini is a great match if you go for color. I think they would make beautiful fry!:)

@indjo: The breeder can decide if they would like to KEEP up with this and if Darkangel216 keeps up with this breeding then im sure he/she will eventually conquer the defect and make this line amazing with just a few generations.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #12 
darkangel216

Thanks bettalover2033! :)
darkangel216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #13 
indjo
TFK Moderator

IME, some defects are just too difficult to "erase" - specially with Rose. Btw I did say be careful. I didn't say that it was definitely a defect. Besides the OP indicated that he/she is learning about quality. I was only trying to point out that specific disadvantage so the OP would look out for them in the future. Sorry if I sounded otherwise.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #14 
bettalover2033

Oh Yea of course! Im sorry Indjo i just read my comment and it sounded kind of pushy and mean, Those were not my intentions.

Also if there IS a defect then you should be careful. Also Rosetails themselves are defects, but its a shame that they are too:/. i love rosetails, but somethings about them are not aloud in the IBC standards, which is STUPID. i think that since the DoubleTails can be in the IBC and they are the biggest defect, then so should rosetails!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #15 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Oh Yea of course! Im sorry Indjo i just read my comment and it sounded kind of pushy and mean, Those were not my intentions.

Also if there IS a defect then you should be careful. Also Rosetails themselves are defects, but its a shame that they are too:/. i love rosetails, but somethings about them are not aloud in the IBC standards, which is STUPID. i think that since the DoubleTails can be in the IBC and they are the biggest defect, then so should rosetails!
Rosetails carry VERY bad genes and cause many deformities.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #16 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Rosetails carry VERY bad genes and cause many deformities.
yes i know this but so do dt's, they can cause the arched back which is not very appealing as rosetails though
Old 02-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #17 
Martinismommy

This female is from my Multi line.....I would not be surprised if she really is that purple.....She should produce 100% HM depending on who she is spawned to.......She doesn't have the 8 ray's I like to see on my girls but she is a cute little thing......

Good luck!
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #18 
jschristian44

i changed colors of cars before and even after spending a ton of time on it, it never came out PERFECT. that person must have gone to college just for photoshop to make it look that nice. to get all the colors between the fins and stuff is very hard to do. plus, if its not all purple when it arrives, you can send her back probably or just kindly ask the seller. all purple isnt as rare as you think. all black is much rarer i think. i just bid on 7 all black guppies on aquabid for 81 dollars. someone sniped the auction at the last second and got em for 87. thats pretty nuts for 7 guppies.
jschristian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #19 
Emmalea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post
i changed colors of cars before and even after spending a ton of time on it, it never came out PERFECT. that person must have gone to college just for photoshop to make it look that nice. to get all the colors between the fins and stuff is very hard to do. plus, if its not all purple when it arrives, you can send her back probably or just kindly ask the seller. all purple isnt as rare as you think. all black is much rarer i think. i just bid on 7 all black guppies on aquabid for 81 dollars. someone sniped the auction at the last second and got em for 87. thats pretty nuts for 7 guppies.
Lucky guppies.....
Changing colors on photoshop is easy if you know what you are doing. Not saying this fish has been photoshoped because it has already been confirmed that she is not.
But real purple is rare in bettas, people just get redwash confused with purple.
Emmalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #20 
Learn To Fly

To me, it definitely looks photo shopped, and not that good of a job either. As someone said earlier, the edges of the tank have also been turned purple and the colors of everything are a bit off. If they really wanted to do a good job, they could have made just the fish a different color so it wasn't so obvious. It just looks too regular to me. She's okay finnage wise, and may even have purple, but not that purple.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote